WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Thursday, July 26, 2012

GIVE A GIFT OF KNOWLEDGE

Hello, all my family-friends!

I hope all's well in blogland, and that we're all having fun!

It seems I'm stuck on holder projects; the other day a cassette tape holder and today a cd holder project!  However, it didn't start off that way, I began by just playing around with a piece of left-over metal and the project pretty much evolved from there.  Playing around with the square of metal, I sanded it, distressed it, inked, glittered, embossed and inked it again.  When I'd finished I thought it looked pretty cool, so I decided why not make it into a gift holder for the cd I'm giving a younger cousin going away to college next year.  The cd is called "Freedom to Learn... Your Way".  It is an SAT and ACT power prep cd, and I'm giving it to her to assist her in preparing for her college exams.  From what I understand from a friend who's daughter also used this cd is that it really is very good.

Anyway, I grabbed some leftovers and started decorating!  Here's what I came up with:


This is the cover  to the cd/holder with the metal square attached to the front, and with a leftover cameo I'd made from polymer clay; several gold silk roses, leftover ribbon, and a couple of metal book corners.

Here's the cd/holder attached to the inside of the cover:


So what do you think?  I hope she likes it!!!  I think a gift of knowledge is one of the best gifts we can give our young people.

The other day I told you I'd share a few pics of my brother and niece who recently visited with me.  Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to do much because of a family issue, but one precious share we always find time to do together is visit and place flowers on our mother's, his oldest son, and other family members graves.  I apologize that the pictures really didn't come out that well, but I'm sharing them anyway:

My brother and me

My niece (and, yes, that's my Buster.  He came along too!)

If you're remembering the picture of my niece from last year with all the long hair, well..., she's 13 years old now -- growing and maturing -- and my brother finally relented to letting her cut it all off after her begging him for months.  Me..., I like it!!! 

Okay, one more picture!!!  This is my niece and me, although it's really blurry... lol!  Oh..., Buster wants me to remind you he's there too -- see his little head peeking over the flowers near our feet!! Heeeee!!!


That all for now!  I'm off to play some more and maybe even get in a few visits, so...

I'll be seeing you!

47 comments:

Myrna said...

Audrey
Anyone would be proud to have that gorgeous holder. Your cousin will love and cherish it I am sure.
Thanks for sharing your family with us.
Myrna

Myrna said...

Audrey
Anyone would be proud to have that gorgeous holder. Your cousin will love and cherish it I am sure.
Thanks for sharing your family with us.
Myrna

Myrna said...

Audrey
Anyone would be proud to have that gorgeous holder. Your cousin will love and cherish it I am sure.
Thanks for sharing your family with us.
Myrna

Myrna said...

Audrey
Anyone would be proud to have that gorgeous holder. Your cousin will love and cherish it I am sure.
Thanks for sharing your family with us.
Myrna

Myrna said...

Audrey
Anyone would be proud to have that gorgeous holder. Your cousin will love and cherish it I am sure.
Thanks for sharing your family with us.
Myrna

Myrna said...

Audrey
Anyone would be proud to have that gorgeous holder. Your cousin will love and cherish it I am sure.
Thanks for sharing your family with us.
Myrna

Myrna said...

Audrey
Anyone would be proud to have that gorgeous holder. Your cousin will love and cherish it I am sure.
Thanks for sharing your family with us.
Myrna

Myrna said...

Audrey
Anyone would be proud to have that gorgeous holder. Your cousin will love and cherish it I am sure.
Thanks for sharing your family with us.
Myrna

Myrna said...

Audrey
Anyone would be proud to have that gorgeous holder. Your cousin will love and cherish it I am sure.
Thanks for sharing your family with us.
Myrna

Myrna said...

Audrey
Your cousin will love and cherish the holder I am sure.
Thanks for sharing part of your family with us.
Myrna

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

What a fun project! I also love the pictures of you and your family. Your niece is a beautiful girl. My niece Gabby (19) is also spending a few weeks with me. She keeps me young and busy!!!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great altered project! The paper is super nice! Thanks for sharing such sweet photos with us! Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Gloria said...

What a wonderful gift! Your photos are very beautiful!

Precious Hugs
OmaGloria

A Creative Operation said...

Hey, Girl! Glad to see you are back!! The projects are gorgeous, as always! Take care, I will continue sending good thoughts your way!!
Hugs,
Michelle

Kel said...

Gorgeous.. what a nice way to give a gift. I wish I could just play around with metal and come up with that.. LOL. Good luck to the student!

Scrappin Sista said...

Audrey, I love your project!! Just beautiful!! Love the pictures of you and the family!!! You are just gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing those pictures with us!!
Alice B.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Audrey she will absolutely love this. About all i can say is "WOW".. this is so beautiful. We can definitely say Audrey is BACK. We have missed you and your beautiful creations that inspire us.
hugs my friend

Barb Turpin said...

Good to see you back Audrey...thanks for the visit. Your CD case is lovely.

Dr Sonia S V said...

I love all your altered projects Audrey and your Buster is a cutie!!

Beebeebabs said...

She's backkkkkkkk - love love love your project - absolutely beautiful and thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of you and your family!!!

Lisa said...

Hello my friend, thank you, I've missed you too. Your project is gorgeous. What a nice gift to give. Love the pictures, pretty lady. Buster is so cute.

Unknown said...

I just love this and everything that you do. And you do make layouts just look at all your altered work. It is layout the way you want it. Thanks for the awesome comments on my blog have a bless day and an awesome weekend

Dawnll said...

Oh what a spectacular gift and so special to decorate also.
Oh look how beautiful you are...always knew you were on the inside and on the outside..
Thanks for sharing with us sweetie.
Hope your taking care of yourself
Hugs

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful project and I am sure the gift will be cherished. And I have to tell you I love the photos! So nice to see family foods. TFS

2 Ducky said...

She'll love it! Diggin the pics too.

Lisa said...

Wow, Audrey, this is GORGEOUS!! I can't quit looking at it...the design is elegant and fabulous!! What an amazing gift...your niece will definitely treasure it!! And your pictures are absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for sharing them with us!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous holder. Love the beautiful pictures of your family. And little Buster is sooo cute!

Nicole said...

What a beautiful holder! It's gorgeous just like you and your family!

Debbie said...

So happy to see you back crafting again!!! Love how you decorated the CD holder! Gorgeous cover.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is such a wonderful CD holder, it is good to be back here for your lovely creation again!

Unknown said...

The CD holder is beautiful. Don't you love it when a project just comes together so well. It is great that you got to spend some time with your family.

Georgiana said...

Your holder is fabulous, but your family pictures are priceless. Glad you are doing well and enjoying family time. Although the location can be a somber place, it helps with keeping the memories alive.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Anonymous said...

Beautiful CD holder. Glad you enjoyed your family.

Ana MƔrquez said...

Hi, dear Audrey!! Thanks for your nice comments in my blogs. I'm very happy to visit you again :-) I've your last posts and they are so wonderful as always. But I feel a sweet emotion to see your photos in this post, with your niece and brother in front of your dear mother's grave. I feel that she is very proud of you and the rest of her family.

Your works are so stunning as always!! Thanks for sharing so beautiful pieces, pics and thoughts with us. I send you a great hug for you and yours from Europe :-)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Glad to see you crafting again! And visiting my blog! You're a sweetie!

jen said...

What a lovely project and beautiful family photos. I have missed ya!! Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,Jen

Stephanie Dang said...

You are always amazing with 3d projects! Looking forward to seeing more! And thank for sharing a part of your life with us, Audrey... :) God bless you!

DIANA L. said...

Another beautiful project and wonderful to get together with family TFS
hugs Diana

Besthobbyeva said...

Audrey, what a beautiful holder you made I am sure you cousin will love it!! Just gorgeous.

I love the pics of your family. You look amazing. I love your shirt. Your niece is just beautiful!! And little Buster, too cute!! TFS!!

Laurie
serenityscrappers

Nancy Zunic said...

What a fabulous gift this makes! I love everything about it!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Audrey - this is another stunning project and thanks for sharing such a personal moment in your life - the photos are lovely. TFS

shari said...

Audrey, It's so nice to have you back and looking great. The presentation on your cd is so pretty. I'm sure she will love it. Shari (cricutrookie)

Jean said...

Love your project and enjoyed seeing the pictures.

Pamela Levingston said...

I'm sure she will like it and the pictures are more precious memories.

~BridgetL~ said...

Audrey, thanks for sharing pics of your family with us. Its nice that you got to spend some time with your brother and Niece. You look wonderful my dear :) loved that Buster made an appearance too. I did spot him behind those flowers.
Take care and I'll be back. LOL I just cracked myself up. I heard that in my head as Arnolds voice.

Charlotte said...

Audrey,

I am so glad you are doing better. You look great here in the photos. I hope things will continue to go well for you and that I will see you more on the blog. I have done very little on my blog this summer. I have just tried to only what is required of the couple of DTs that I am on. My time has been spent mostly with and at my parents. Their health in pretty good but my dad stopped driving this year and my mom is doing very little of it. So since I have been out of school, she has kept me very busy. I'll get back with you soon.
With much love,
Charlotte

The Archiving Angel said...

Great pictures. Your niece favors you. Both pretty ladies! That buster is a trip.
It is truly touching that you made time to visit the graves of your loved ones.
Hugs,
Sonia