WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Monday, June 20, 2011

MY "I'M STEAMPUNKIN'" PROJECT AND A BLOG AWARD

Hello, everyone!!!  Happy Monday, and I do hope all the fathers, hubbys, brothers, etc. had a wonderful Father's Day on yesterday!  We had a wonderful time!  We had a little Father's Day barbeque/gathering for all the men in the family; and later my son took his dad out for some 1-on-1 quality time (which really means he took him out for a drink)!  LOL!  So he wasn't feeling any pain when he got back home -- ha, ha, ha!!!

I'm going to try not to talk much as I have a project for you today and a blog award I'd like to acknowledge to four (4) beautiful family-friends who all passed it on to me.

Beginning with my project I'm sharing with you today, this is a peek-a-boo-style steampunk box which measures 4" x 4", so it's large enough to hold a relatively nice size gift:

Here is a close-up of the top of the box:
A close-up of the front of the box:
And here's a shot of the box open, with a peek-a-boo window-lid flat which allows you to see the contents inside the box without opening it all the way:
I made the gears on the box from molds I made and using polymer clay.  The paper is by Graphics 45.  I hope you like it!  It was a lot of fun to do!!
Now, I'm honored to acknowledge my sisters, Deborah, Stacy, Rhonda, and Susan for this lovely award:
Please click on each of their names for a direct link to their wonderful blogs; you'll truly admire their very special talents!  Again, ladies, thank you so very much!!!
To accept this award, I have to note 7 random facts about myself and pass it on to 8 other bloggers (that's the really hard part).  I'll begin with those 7 random facts: 
  1. I believe in God, and that all the good that's in me and in everything I do is based on that belief
  2. I love getting inspiration from everything, everywhere -- those things I see, touch, feel!
  3. I'm not ticklish, so I hate being tickled (and hubby loves tickling me)
  4. I'm typically a very happy person who loves to laugh, so I find humor in things where most people don't (lol!)
  5. I love crafting, blogging, visiting, commenting on your blogs, and reading your comments to me
  6. I hate watching the news; it carries too much sadness, grief, and tragedies I hate being reminded of
  7. I like to pretend I can sing, so I'm always singing around the house, in the shower... ( I can, at least, carry a tune though even if I don't actually have a sing voice -- lol!!!)
For the eight bloggers I'd like to pass this award to:
Because I received this award from more than one family-friend, I think in lieu of passing it on an additional 24 times, I'd like for you -- all my family -- to pick it up for your blogs from me!!!  Oh, and don't forget to visit all these wonderful bloggers, and show some love!

That's about it for now, thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll be back soon!

29 comments:

Joy said...

Audrey...this box is beautiful !!!! I only found out what Steampunk was a month or so ago and I think you nailed it !! You are so clever to make your own gears....wow!
xoxo Joy

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

That is gorgeous Audrey! You are so versatile in your crafts! What a pretty gift box. I love the window. Congrats on the awards too!

Unknown said...

Great project! COngrats on the award! I got one from Rhonda too! isnt she the best!
kacee
youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey what a beautiful box this is. Love the papers you chose and that you can see the contents. TFS

girlia said...

too cute

Susan said...

That is so neat Audrey! I picked up that exact paper a few moths ago because I liked it so much and now I have an idea what to use it for. I really like how the blue mixes so well with everything. Oh, I don't watch the news either, except if the weather is on. I need to know how much hairspray to apply that day! lol! :)

Susan

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh my this is just GORGEOUS... I thought those were Tim Holtz gears.. wow girl you outdid yourself on this.. LOVE IT. hugs

- - Sheryl - - said...

This is wonderful! I have a few "gears" from Tim Holtz and would love to make a mini album at some point. Your box is great!

Rhonda Emery said...

I love your box and so glad to hear you had a wonderful day and looks like your getting some time to craft. hugs

Stephanie Dang said...

Love the box, Audrey! You always do such amazing projects! And thank you so much for your kind comments and for the blog award! I am honored that you pass the award off to me! :) Thanks Audrey!

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Audrey, Your project is beautiful!!! Are those gears Tim Holtz?

Thank you for the blog award! I will pass it on ASAP, which might be this weekend.

Hope you are having a great week so far!

Hugs!!!

IslandV said...

Hey Audrey! I haven't checked out your blog in awhile! Glad to see you crafting! I love this steampunk! I need to create a steampunk project one of these days!!

hugs, V

Stacy said...

Audrey,
Your box turned out so so well, I love all of the details on it.
Happy to hear your hubby had a great day!
Congrats on your award, it is well deserved
Hugs
Stacy

Jean said...

Audrey, I love this box. I always love everything steampunk and this is no exception!! The gears you made are great!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS. What a beautiful box!!!
Thank you for the award also. I will be forwarding it soon
Hugs
Brenda

Angi Barrs said...

Your Steampunk project is fabulous. Love the rustic look and the gears. Amazing work.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

What a beautiful box! The gears and dials are great. It looks like if you turn a crank it will do something.

lovemypaper said...

Very cute box!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Audrey, I don't think I have ever seen you mess up my dear friend... hugs

Besthobbyeva said...

Congrats on the award!

Audrey this box is absolutely gorgeous, I am in love with it. I think by far my favorite project of yours!

Thanks so much for the award, it really means a lot to me!!

Laurie

Unknown said...

OK, at first I was impressed... then I read that you made your own gears out of polymer clay and now I'm totally jealous!!! ;) *LOL* You are such a crafty little smarty pants. I could probably give you some dental floss, an old shoelace, and some chewing gum and you'd turn them into something beautiful and useful. I'm always amazed at what you come up with.

A Creative Operation said...

Audrey, I love the project! Steampunk is soooo cool! Thank you so very much for the blog award...We really appreciate it!
Michelle and Jackie

~BridgetL~ said...

Audrey I love graphics 45 and I love what you have done with it. So very crafty you are. lol Glad your son and hubby got to spend quality time together. I can carry a tune too, but you wont catch anyone asking me to record anything LOL Have a beautiful day!

A Creative Operation said...

Audrey, I tried to do a post with the award on my blog, but it wasn't letting me, I did put it on my sidebar! Thanks again. I am not sure why it wouldn't let me add the picture to a post?! WEIRD!
Michelle

Christine said...

Audrey, just love your box, and your bath salts project, too. You always have such beautiful things to show us. And congrats on another lovely blog award--you certainly deserve all of them!!

Couldn't find your email addy--need to contact you. Please email me when you can: sitnknitn at yahoo dot com

Hugs!!!

girlia said...

Audrey please stop my blog and pick up an award that I have for you

Sherrie K. said...

Your box is absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats on your award to, you are so deserving of it. Your work is fantastic!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Do What You Love said...

Audrey, you sweet doll! This steampunk box is absolutely gorgeous - I just love those papers! You put in some great elements - it's delightful! Congratulations on receiving another awesome award because you're just so fabulous my friend! Thank you so much for thinking of me with your award! Stampin' Dymonz and my own challenge blog keeps me hopping so I apologize for not visiting as often as I'd like. I need to calendar "blogging to friends"! LOL! You are so kind and wonderful and we have so much in common. It's fun learning all these wonderful things about you because you're such a beautiful lady! I'm glad you all had a fabulous Father's Day! Enjoy the rest of your week girlfriend! ;-) Thanks again!

Kate said...

Your box is gorgeous. It's a gift in itself! Congratulations on your awards, too!