WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Sunday, October 16, 2011

A ONE-YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY MONEY BOX

Happy weekend, everyone!!!  I've been enjoying getting around visiting and admiring all the wonderful projects you've been creating!!!   You are all so amazingly talented!!!  Anyone I missed, don't worry, I'm coming!!!

I've been so busy with numerous things, however, I have been working on several projects.  I had another check-in with my doctor and all's well.  Had a few errands to run for the aunt (yep, I'm back at it again...lol!), had to take "the" Buster for grooming -- blah, blah, blah;  but I finally finished one of the projects I've been working on.  Well,  I pretty much had to considering it'll be going with me and the hubby later today to an anniversary celebration.  A good friend of mine and her DH are having their 1-year wedding anniversary celebration.

The gift for this couple came as somewhat of a surprise to me.  Instead of a card, my creative juices started flowing to make a money box.  The idea to do this just popped into my head though because my intention actually WAS to make a card.  But..., I like this better!!!  And I don't think I could have planned this box any better -- wherever, in the far-far recesses of my mind, this idea came from;  if I did I'd definitely like to tap into it a lot more... lol!!!.  Here's the money box:


Okay, let me tell you -- this money box can fool you because the base is not the box!  It's the little round box on the top!  To talk about my box a little, the box is detachable -- it's held to the base by magnets so it can be removed to easily get in and out of the box:


There's a little standing tag on the back of the base reading it's from Leonard and me; and when you open the lid of the box... that's where the gift of money is tucked away!!!



I added a bit of everything I could find and get my hands on once the thought of it was coming together... lol!!!  I've added lace, satin ribbon, beads, rhinestones, flowers, and -- of course -- Stickles!!!  I embossed it and even personalized the top of the box for the happy couple with a bottletop cabachon!!!

Don't you think this is a more exciting gift to give than just a card?!!!  It's so different and I had so much fun doing this box.  I really hope they like it, and I hope you do too!!!

I hope the rest of your weekend is a happy and crafty one!!!  I'll be back with another fun project soon!!!  However, right now I'm going to get a few hours sleep before I have to get ready to take my gift to the anniversary celebration.

Thanks for taking time to stop by, I always love and appreciate your coming over!!!  Or, and you are at home when you're here I hope you know!  For now, hugs, and...

I'll be seeing you!

46 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

That is fantastic!! And functional!! And Beautiful!!! You really made something wonderful, definitely try to map that part of the creative well :D

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an amazing gift and great idea!!

Charlotte said...

WOW!!! Audrey, This is amazing. There are more details in this box than in just about anything I have ever seen. I know your friends are going to love it!!!
I wiah I had that corner in my brain to go to for inspiration. You have a rare gift.

Love you,
Charlotte

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey this money box is GORGEOUS and what a wonderful idea. It looks like a keepsake from their wedding! Love it.

Beebeebabs said...

Audrey this is absolutely gorgeous as always - great job!!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

WOW WOW WOW - look at all that gorgeous lace and pearls and satin! What a fabulous and glorious project Audrey - I absolutely LOVE it!!!
Hugs,
M

A Creative Operation said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I Love it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!

Patti J said...

What a gorgeous project, Audrey! The couple is going to be thrilled to receive this. Hopefully, it will be full of money by the end of the celebration too!!! Hugs...Pj

girlia said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

Jean said...

Audrey this turned out beautifully!! I know they are going to love it!

Dawnll said...

Unbelievable!!!
Girl this is such a beautiful gift idea and such a memory keeper, I bet they just love this gift.
Glad you have the ok from your DR...keep taking care so you don't get sick again, I miss you when your not around sharing your talent.

Unknown said...

OMGoodness, Audrey! This is beautiful! Love the lacey feel and all the ribbon. Very creative. I am sure they will love it.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well I wish I could tap into that part of your brain too... this is just breathtaking.. I am blown away with this one... They are going to love it... I am just totally speechless with this one. hugs

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Yes! More exciting than a card. Beautiful - you amaze me with each post! I love all the detials, absolutely amazing!

Glad to see you are out and about and doing well.

Hugs!

Cricut Couple said...

Good Gravy Audrey!!! How in the world do you start out with a card and end up with this beautiful project?!? Talk about creativity! Wow! It's incredible!

Pendra said...

Hi Audrey, I have seen you around but never actually been to your site... I am now your newest follower! Wow, this is amazing and you have it right about being so much better than a card, although I think your cards are amazing too! It look like you put your heart and soul into this, love the lace, pearls, ribbon and lovely punch work! I have looked through some of your older posts, beautiful, love the peony candle and the card/mini you left blank... gorgeous! Anyway I will be back often, hope you visit me too!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra
pendrasplace.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Audrey, this is just gorgeous! I'm sure the newlyweds will really appreciate this.

Gail said...

Hi Audrey
Did you know I have a wedding to go to next month. This will be so nice for me to do. Where is your how to. That is so awesome.
Just stopping by.
Gail

Rhonda Emery said...

oh my audrey this is ab. beautiful. amazing work as always and congrats on your win. hugs friend.

Audrey said...

Hi Audrey

What an unusual way to give a gift of money I just love it.

lovemypaper said...

Hello Audrey, Your project is so very pretty!tfs

Stacy said...

Audrey,
WOW! This is stunning. It looks like it came out of a boutique. Your friends are going to love it
Glad to hear all is well with you
Hugs, Stacy

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is beautiful! Love all your details!

Congrats you were the winner of the 3 girl jam blog hop! Come on over and check out the deets!

The Archiving Angel said...

Hi sweetie! I made it & am so glad to see what you have been up to. OMG! Absolutely exquisite!!!!
You made my jaw drop. Of course it is not the first time. I adore this box.
So glad to know you are feeling better & just cranking out such amazing works from that precious heart of yours.
Love you lady!
Big hugs,
Sonia

Judy said...

Boy, Audrey, your creative juices WERE flowing!!! This is totally fantastic and so very special :-) Make sure that they know you made it because it is hard to believe you did not buy something this beautiful. I have a wedding in Nov. and I wish I could create a wonderful gift like this:-)
Hugs, Judy

Unknown said...

Hey Audrey! I have an award for you on my blog.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Gift Giver said...

very artistic indeed!

- http://www.giftforanniversary.org/

Angi Barrs said...

Wow Audrey...your designs amaze me. Fabulous!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Audrey, this is FABULOUS!! Everything about this is just stunning! You did an amazing job - I'm sure your friends LOVED it!! Amazing, gorgeous project :D

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, Audrey..this is fabulous!!! Your details are amazing! Love the satin ribbon, pretty lace and pearls. Fantastic project!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is just AWESOME. You ROCK just awesome

Do What You Love said...

Audrey, you are the most amazing woman ever! No matter when I visit your fabulous blog, there is always a magnificent treat awaiting your readers! You blew me away with this lovely gift. I love that the top container was your treat to open; how clever! Thanks for being so sweet and leaving love on my blog all of the time. You're such an endearing and beautiful woman and extremely talented crafter! I just love this project! I hope your week is going great dear and that you continue to be blessed!

2 Ducky said...

OOOOHHHHH PRETTY!!! Simply GORGEOUS!!

Dayna Sabrina said...

That box is unreal Audrey. I mean, just stunning work. Wow! There's not much else to say other than you are supremely talented. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Raina said...

Audrey how beautiful! You are so talented! It looks so elegant!

I have a new blog up and running and I hope you can come and visit me when you get a chance. {same blog new name!}

Raina
http://inkinginpink.blogspot.com/

Raina said...

Hope I gave you the correct blog address: I think I miss typed it. Here is the new addy just in case.

God Bless,
Raina
http://inkinginpinkstamps.blogspot.com

~BridgetL~ said...

Audrey sorry I haven't been around much. Glad to see you are up to crafting such beautiful things. I love this money box. Its simply stunning. Then again everything you do is amazing.

Linda said...

Wow I think you are really on to some thing with this box. It is wonderful! So clever and beautiful.

Norma said...

OMG!! Audrey your project is just so beautiful!!! Total WOW!! TFS
Hugs

Unknown said...

Audrey this is gorgeous! It's such a clever idea and so much more personal than a card! TFS my friend~Mary

Treva said...

Audrey, what a grand idea...it is beautiful!

Susan said...

OMG Audrey, WOW!!! Yes, much better than just a card, this is stunning and so elegant! They must have just loved this! Friend, this project right here is the type of creativity that would not only give Martha Stewart a run for the money but also have her running for the door! I'm in awe of your talent!

I'm so happy to hear the doc says all is well! Yay! The knee mails worked!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Curt in Indy said...

This is jaw drop amazing. . .You have an amazing mind my wonderful friend. This is simply gorgeous. No wonder everyone was ooooing and ahhhhing over it. This would also make a fun wedding gift too. I can imagine what you would do for a Christmas one! I wish I had half of your imagination. Great project! Best, Curt

Brigit Mann said...

This is just stunning Audry, your projects are always just wonderful!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Omigosh@ How do you ever think up all this stuff? This is out of this world gorgeous! They will love it!