Hello, everyone and welcome to the Holiday Blog Hop!!! Thanks so much for joining us today, and we hope you enjoy yourselves and the projects we've prepared for you!!! Of course, there'll be more fun and prizes along the way, but you'll have to visit each blog to see what they're prizes and rules are to be eligible.
Pam of The Bugbytes is our hostess for this hop and I'm delighted to be a part of it. Pam also has a wonderful hostess prize for some lucky winner too!!! You'll want to check her blog out for sure for any additional blog hop activities -- like the blog hop challenge !!! So head on over to her site, enter your project, and be eligible for another great prize!!! You can easily be directed to her blog by clicking on her blog name at the beginning of this paragragh or from the list below. If you've just started this hop with me and would like to hop along with us from the beginning, I've provided a list of all the participants below in the order of the hop -- just click on their names in the order they're shown to be directed directly to their blogs:
- Pam - http://www.thebugbytes.com/
- Jeannie - http://nonnasscraps.blogspot.com/
- Jen - http://3catsandabug.blogspot.com/
- Carole - http://www.onmycraftroomwall.blogspot.com/
- Lisa Brooks - http://thejourneyoflisaslife.blogspot.com
- Audrey - http://cuteandsome.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE!
- Mila - http://milamemories.blogspot.com/
- Sheila aka sassylady - http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com/
- Elizabeth - http://217creations.blogspot.com/
- Kelly Millet - http://www.kamscraftyplace.blogspot.com
- Dayna Sabrina - http://www.sabrioletdesigns.blogspot.com/
- Lori - http://www.scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com
- Denine Vajja - http://pumpkinspiceblog.blogspot.com/
- Melissa - www.melissamade2.blogspot.com
- Allison - http://goodybagdiva.blogspot.com/
Now I'm going to give you the recipe and tell you how to make it. Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (any kind will do including a Dollar Store brand)
- 1/2 cup of emulsifying wax (can be found at most craft stores, online, Amazon, EBay, Overstock, and Etsy) -- DO NOT USE BEESWAX OR PARAFIN WAX AS A SUBSTITUTE!!!
- 1-1/2 cup distilled water
(As a note: I also tried melting the wax/oil combo in the microwave and it worked just as well as the hot water bath.)
Now it's ready for you to mix in your favorite fragrance or essential oil, or your favorite perfume or cologne to taste. Again, suit the scent for men or women with the selection of fragrance you use!!! Since I made mine as a Christmas present, the scent is Holly Berry and this fragrance oil can be ordered from http://www.Naturesgardencandles.com. Last, just embellish a pretty lotion bottle, pour in the lotion, and it's all set to go!!! And, how about combining it with a matching scented liquid soap as a set -- you can find my easy recipe by clicking the following link to be directly linked to that post: http://cuteandsome.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-earth-day-gabys-happy-birthday-blog.html.
Okay,my blog candy for you before you leave is a set of 6 matching vellum and cardstock sheets, and a "SURPRISE" package you'll receive with it:
All are welcome to leave me a wonderful comment and a winner will be selected by Random.org and announced on Monday, December 12, before 5 p.m. central time. Good luck!!!
The next stop on the hop is Mila. Click on her name to be directed to her blog, she's waiting with another great project for your enjoyment!
Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you had a bit of fun here!!! And, as always...
I'll be seeing you!