WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Thursday, March 1, 2012

VICTORIAN TEA BOX/CARD GIFT SET

Hello, everyone!!!  This is Audrey and, wow, it feels amazing to be back at Sheila's with a DT project!!!  I really missed being over there during my brief absence as a monthly DT member and I missed the friends who visit me there.  As always, thank you Sheila for having me.

I have an easy project today of a victorian tea box and card gift set:


Here are close-ups of the front and top of the box:



Okay, sit back and relax because although really easy, this is a bit picture heavy!  To begin I assembled the materials needed for the embellishments and put them together.  If you make this box, you'll probably use your own imagination to adorn yours so I won't take you step-by-step of what I did but give you the general idea and description of what I did for my embellies.  You can refer to the pictures above in relation to the embellishments described below.  It may help to click to enlarge the pictures.  Here we go:

For the spoon on my box, I painted a plain plastic spoon with several coats of Gesso (let dry between coats), added a sticker, and a bow. (At the last minute, before adding the sticker and bow, I added a coat of Distress Crackle Paint -- loved the effect!  However, if you use crackle paint, you'll have to spray it with an acrylic spray to keep the crackle from falling away from the spoon):


For the frame adornment, I painted a tin lid with Gesso (if you visit me, you'll remember a recent project I did and told you to save those biscuit/juice lids).  While the paint on the lid was drying, I found an image on the internet, inserted it into WordPerfect to add the words "TEA TIME", then printed it out, then cut it out to fit and glue inside the lid.  To hide the raw inside edges of the lid, I added beads around the graphic; I finished by adding roses along the edge of the tin to complement the sticker on the spoon:      


The teapot on the top of the box, I hand-traced and cut it out; added another sticker, painted a light coat of glue over the image and sprinkled it with a fine transparent glitter:


For the panel on the front of the box, I cut and glued 3 squares together starting with the largest at the bottom:  4.75" x 4.75",  4.50" x 4.50", and 4.25" x 4.25"; the lace was glued around the box lid.



Once my embellies were completed, I put them aside and started the box.  To make the box bottom I used a 9" x 12" sheet of cardstock, and a 3-1/8" x 6" sheet of cardstock for the lid. Placing the 9" x 12" cardstock on the scoreboard, with the 12" side across the top of the board,  I scored at 5" and 7":


Turning the paper around so that the 9" side would be at the top across the scoreboard, I scored at 2" and 7":


To assemble the box bottom I cut, up to the center lines only, the 5" and 7" score lines to create the tabs.  It'll look like this (I like to trim to taper my tabs but it's optional):


Before gluing the box together, I bone-folded along every fold line then turned the tabs into the inside of the box, added glue to the backs of the tabs and glued them in place to the back of the box by lifting the back of the box up into position.  Like this:


To finish the box bottom, I simply glued the bottom outer tabs to side tabs on the other side of the bottom panel by lifting the entire panel up to meet the the top side of the box.  (I think you all have put together enough boxes... lol).

Okay, for the box lid, I scored 1/2" on all four sides.  I cut a slit down the middle of each corner square at the scorelines to create the tabs; like this:


On all four corners I cut out a triangular piece of each tab along the cuts.  It looked like this:



I, again, bone-folded along all the fold lines and glued the corner triangular tabs to the inside corresponding corners to complete the box.  Here it is -- the lid and bottom:


All I had left to do was add my embellishments and make the card!!!  Ohhh, of course, I did highlight with with some Stickles... lol!!!

This was a fun and fast box project to do, and I hope you like it!  If you have any questions/comments concerning this project, please feel free to post your information.

That's it for now, and thank you so much for stopping by.

I'll be seeing you!

41 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Hola! This is sooo awesome and inspiring! love how it turned out, beautiful!

jessica said...

this is amazing!!!
TFS

girlia said...

Audrey this is gorgeous. Love it.

papillon digital design said...

Audrey This is so elegant! I love it. You are truly a great artist!. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey this is such an elegant project! I love how this box is adorned with all the lace and pearls... ELEGANT, stunning, amazing, gorgeous! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us today at She's A Sassy Lady!

Beebeebabs said...

Audrey this is absolutely gorgeous as always you do lovely work tfs!

Patti J said...

Audrey, this is beautiful! Love it!!! Thanks for showing us how your work your magic! Hugs and blessings, my friend - have a great day!

lovemypaper said...

WoW! This is so beautiful

Dawnll said...

This turned out so beautiful! Love the colors and lace and that spoon attached
You are amazing sometimes-heck all the time!
Taking care of yourself I hope
Hugs sweetie

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous! Love that pretty lace.

Ana Márquez said...

Oh, what a lovely box!! I like very much pink colour (I'm as a little girl sometimes, haha :-D) Thanks for tips and love that you give to us, you're a fantastic good person.

Big kisses
Free Vintage Images
.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS.. I am always so in awe when I see your beautiful creations, and I don't think this would be "easy".. You have such an amazing talent, thank you for always sharing it with us... Hugs

Judy said...

Oh, Audrey, you make the MOST beautiful things!! I am always amazed at what you do :-) And I so want to thank you for your wonderful support and encouragement!! You are the Sweetest ever :-)
Hugs, Judy

"Um Buggin" said...

Hello Ms. Audrey, I just love this beautiful tea-time project!! I have missed visiting your blog, as computer problems are a pain. So happy to be up and running again, just to see all your awesome creations. I will have to catch up on so much. This is the perfect gift to create especially for Mother's Day. I am going to try it, need to get some Gesso. Hope they have it at M's. Will be checking back in with you soon, glad to see you are creating again.
PS. thanks for stopping by my blog.

Hugz, xoxo

Jean said...

So pretty,

Unknown said...

2 cute, I keep for getting about making these boxes. Thanks for bring it back. And Lady A you work this box and card

Sherrie K. said...

Wow!! Audrey, this is stunning! I just love your victorian tea box:) Thanks so much for the great tutorial!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

lisa808 said...

This is so beautiful! Love the lace and pearls. Thanks for the step-by-step directions.

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love it!

Besthobbyeva said...

Absolutely gorgeous, my friend. Wow the details are amazing. Such beautiful colors as well! Thanks for the directions!!

Laurie

Nancy Zunic said...

Beautiful job! The box is a gorgeous pink color! Another great project done by you!

shari said...

What a beautiful project! I'm so glad your feeling better. Shari (cricutrookie)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is a beauty!!!!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Love the trims. Great info too. Thanks so much for sharing, I have to add this one to my to do list:)

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

You amaze me with your scoreboard...wow! This project is beautiful! I love the ribbon and the pearls were a great addition. I love what you did with the spoon, that was a great idea!!! Can't leave without mentioning the embossing - you know I am a huge fan of embossing - great job!!!

Linda said...

Oh this is wonderful! Thanks you so much for all the directions! I love the way you use sticker on the teapot. That really was a great idea. And you hand cut it! Amazing!

Treva said...

Aydrey,
Happy Crafting Month! What a neat box and it imple enough that I think I can make it!

Lisa said...

Wow, Audrey, this is stunning!! All of the details you have added are just fabulous!! I love the soft, pretty colors!! Gorgeous project my friend!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Scrappin Sista said...

Hi Audrey!!! Love your project, you always amaze me with what you can do with paper!! lol!! Thank you so much for my goodies... i got them yesterday and i love them!!! I will be putting them to use soon!!
Stay creative my friend,
Alice B

Susan said...

Beautiful Audrey! It's so elegant and would make a perfect gift. Makes me want to give up coffee and switch to tea! ;)

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

beautiful work as always. starting to feel a little better. thanks for visiting me and becoming a follower of my linky . hugs friend

Brenda said...

soooo beautifully done....loveee this!
hugs
Brenda

Cricut Couple said...

I would love to comment, but my brain was just blown out of my head! So gorgeous!!! Wow!

Georgiana said...

Stunning and a great pictorial!

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

jen said...

Audrey this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Fantastic job. Tfs
Hugs,jen

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Just checking up on u my friend, I hope you are having a "wonderful" Sunday, AND that Leonard is just spoiling you rotten. Hugs

Norma said...

WOW! just Beautiful Audrey:)
Hugs,
Norma

2 Ducky said...

I know you already got this award. But I always learn so much from you so I gave it to you again. xo K

The Archiving Angel said...

Absolutely fantastic my sweet friend!
Thanks for the pics.
It's interesting to see it all unfold before our eyes.

Ms Qadirah said...

Beautiful. I am in awe of your creativity. I will have to give this a try.

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi Ms. Audrey, thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm so loving this project, beautiful.
xxx
Marlene