WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Tuesday, September 10, 2013

POCKET NOTEPAD REFRIGERATOR MAGNETS

Hello, everyone!  I certainly hope you all had a happy, healthy, crafty weekend, and a beautiful start to your week yesterday.

I know I haven't yet gotten around to visiting each and every one of you but I'm trying -- doing the best I can -- and I should be down to just a few left to go!!!  It's loads of fun for me although it's slow going and I don't want you to think I'm not going to try to reach out to all of you I can.

I didn't get an opportunity to craft and/or blog as much as I wanted the last several days because my "sister-cousin" had to be re-admitted to the hospital and, of course, I've been back and forth there for her while trying to keep my 92 year-old aunt calm.  Fortunately, Amelia is  doing better, and hopefully will be home -- again -- soon.

Last night I relaxed myself by going into my craft room and making these little pockets that hold a note pad. After I made them I thought how cute (and different) they'd be as refrigerator magnets so I popped a magnet on the backs of the pockets.   I think they came out soooo adorable, and doing them really did the trick of helping me to unwind and allowed me to feel better after all my errands, and before retiring -- God, was I tired!!!  Here they are, and please feel free to click to enlarge them... lol!:




Here's a picture of one of the notepads outside the pocket:



Here's the back of the pockets where the magnets are applied:


Now all I have to do is coordinate a pencil or pen to pop inside the pockets!!! 

I found the notepads at Tuesday Morning and found coordinating paper in a K&Company paper stack I have; it's just says "Designer Paper" so I don't know if this is the name or not.  To make certain the pad and paper looked like a set, I used the K&Company paper to make toppers for the pads and finished the projects by embellishing them.  Doesn't the pads and paper just complement each other perfectly?!!! 

I hope you like my little project share!  They've got me thinking "... great Christmas gifts.

Well, I'm off again but I'll be back as soon as I can, so...

Hugs, and I'll be seeing you!!!

P.S.  Hey, wow, I'm getting close to 500 followers so you know what that means... lol!!!  Close to a RAK time!!!!  LOL!

32 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Wow Audrey - another beautiful creation - love everything about it tfs!!!

Myrna said...

Audrey
These are absolutely gorgeous and would make lovely little presents anytime.
Thanks for popping by and leaving such great comments.
Myrna

Nana said...

No, I don't like them I LOVE THEM. Love the papers and turning them into frig magnets was a great idea. SO happy to see you back. Missed you.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, they are stunning, Audrey!! Wow, all of the details are gorgeous!! They would look so fabulous on a fridge!! Love, love them my friend!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are gorgeous! Love the details and the papers. Great idea to add a magnet! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Unknown said...

What a fun idea! We always have lists on the fridge and it would be great if they were so cute :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous, Audrey. Everything you do is so elegant. Whoever receives them will be so happy.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This project is lovely and very elegant. Love the lace you used. I am glad you were able to relax while doing what you love.. Thank you for sharing! Hugs to you my sweet friend

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Audrey I love the beautiful lovely eyecatching look you have given them. So inspiring!!!

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi my dear Audrey, you are so creative. I love how beautiful these turned out. So elegant.
Blessing,
Marlene

Rhonda Emery said...

these are amazing. love them. hugs

Do What You Love said...

Audrey, your papers are absolutely gorgeous! I love how you designed both to coordinate one with the other! You are an amazing woman with the sweetest heart; so good of you to take care of everyone; the Florence Nightingale we all wish we could be (I know i wish I had more of a "sweeter" spirit). Hehehe...I love this idea and can see myself scrap lifting this one as well. :-) Thanks for sharing your joy with us!

MsJay said...

Wow! very nice. I never thought to put one of those pads in a pocket. I must give this a try. TFS

Lawren said...

Audrey, these are just gorgeous. I love your projects and they would make prefect gifts. Your papers match the notepads perfectly!

jessica said...

These are so gorgeous!!! WOW I love the papers and the beautiful embellishing!!!
Awesome projects Audrey!
Thanks for sharing!

Karon said...

These are so pretty and such a lovely idea to make them magnetic! TFS

lisa808 said...

What a fabulous and creative idea for the notepads. I just love the idea of turning them into fridge magnets. Yes, sounds like they will make great Christmas gifts.

Hope your cousin is home soon.

Hugs, Lisa

shari said...

Audrey, Your note pad holders are so pretty, It's great to have you back!

lovemypaper said...

WOW these are so beautiful love the paper and the lace add a wonderful touch.

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

I love these, what an awesome idea. I might have to borrow it, but I'll give you credit! :-)

So glad you are posting and I am back in to checking out what is going on in the scrap world!

Hugs!

Sherrie K. said...

WOWZERS...this is GORGEOUS!!!! I loe how you embellished these:) They would be beautiful on anyone's refrigerator! Beautiful!
Sherrie K

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Pretty mix of colors, wonderful project!

Treva said...

Another great project you are a great crafter and you haven't skipped a beat! Thank you for the inspiration and encouragement! Best wishes for continued good health for you and your family.

Curt in Indy said...

You are such a dear, sweet woman. All the time you spend looking out for everybody. I know you have to be tired and I wish you peace as soon as it can get to you. Your note pad pockets are awesome! And what a great idea to make them refrigerator magnets. What a handy place to use them for grocery lists! Great stuff my friend. Take care and get some rest for yourself this weekend! Hugs, Curt

PS Hugs to Buster and that sweet husband of yours too!

Life and Knits said...

Whoa! These are really amazing! I just love how you glam up everything thing...a very creative midas touch with crafting. I LOVE these. Too cute to use.

Susie

DIANA L. said...

AWESOME!!! great papers! Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great job coordinating Audrey. These would make great Christmas gifts!I love all the little embellishments you added as well. Hugs~Mary

Kate said...

Ohhhh, I just LOVE these!! Absolutely gorgeous!! I feel put to shame as I just have a store bought paper pad hanging on my fridge. I'm going to have to dress it up!!

I'm sorry to read about Amelia but am happy she's doing better now.

Uniquely Ella said...

WOW Audrey, what a beautiful job you did with the lint roller. I use them all the time before I wash my doggie's bed. Now I'm off to deck mine out too. You are amazing! Love the little note pads, great idea for Christmas.
Sending blessing,
Marlene

Unknown said...

These are so pretty

A Creative Operation said...

SWEET!

Ayushi Juneja said...

This is so pretty!! I saw your link at Dr Sonia's blog.. And I am so happy to come by your blog!! Your work is so beautiful and inspiring.. :)
I am your new follower..
Ayushi :)