WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Monday, September 6, 2010

AN ALL OCCASION GIFT CARD SET PROJECT AND A THANK YOU TO "LOVE THAT BUG"!

Helloooo everyone!!!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend, and that you're having a wonderful Labor Day today!!!

OMG, between my families and the hubbies, I've attended so many barbeques this weekend that I can do without  barbeque for the rest of this year!!!  And this is coming from someone who LOVES almost anything barbequed -- anytime!  I don't believe I'm saying this but I'm barbequed OUT!!!  LOL!  But I've had a wonderful weekend with families and great friends!  I hope you have too!  I did manage to get some visiting in this weekend but not much crafting, so now I'm really-really ready to get busy!!!

Before I publish my project for today, I'd like to thank my cute friend Stacy for passing along to me another "Cherry On Top" Award.  I am so honored to have been thought of again; thank you Stacy.  Stacy is a sweetie and if you don't take my word for it, go visit her blog by clicking on her name above.  You'll come away knowing I've told an honest truth.

Moving forward, over this weekend I'd thought several times about how I hadn't did a card box set in a while, so when I came in last night I sat down and did an all occasion gift card set; nothing fancy but it whetted my appetite to get one done.  Here is the box which is held closed by a floral sleeve:


And here is the box set open to reveal the cards, envelopes, and the card and envelope compartments:


Like I said nothing fancy.  The embellishment on the box sleeve and on the cards are actually the flowers that I cut off the leftover scraps from the paper pattern and outlined with stickles  (oh yea, the dark brown accents are vinyl stickers).  This set was done in less than 30 minutes -- so simple!  Just paper and stickles!  But because the paper is so elegant I think it made really very pretty "no work" card set, and will make a nice gift.  Unfortunately, I don't remember where the paper comes from; I'll try to find the paper stack cover and let you know.

Well, that's it for now!  I'm off to do more crafting!!!  The hubby is out shooting golf balls, Buster is resting, and I'm going to take advantage of the quiet time!  LOL!

I'll be seeing you... soon!!!

11 comments:

Dawnll said...

Quiet time, oh that sounds like bliss.
I love this "quick" set you made. Yes the paper makes it so elegant, just love it.
I am with you about barbecue anytime just love it.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

LOL... Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL weekend. AND of course I love the box you are always so creative. I am hoping to spend some time working on my project 365, I have all the pictures and all the journaling done, but I have only scrapped up to Day 36 and I think I this is Day 249... Isn't that lamp shade beautiful, it was Sharon's. I didn't get a lot of her things, her ex husband came up and took most of it, but I had the privilege of being with her. hugs

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful projects!!!!! and you made me laugh with your bbqs....I ate two hamburgers yesterday and I thought I was going to die last night!!!! Have a restful and peaceful rest of the day!

- - Sheryl - - said...

the paper is gorgeous - something about swirls are lavishing
congrats on your award!!

Jean said...

Very pretty.

Stacy said...

Audrey,
Are you kidding me? Nothing fancy? I absolutely love it.
Glad to hear you had a great holiday
(hugs)
Stacy

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Heh, Audrey, well you know I forgive you for not remembering what paper you used LOL! I love that set! It is beautiful and elegant. The stickles really add that "pop". Glad to hear you had a nice weekend!

Jess (aka Sparksgal) said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Love your card set!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I understand being BBQ'd out as her is AL they BBQ everything and even their hamburgers and hotdogs have BBQ sauce on it. When it comes to good food we miss Chicago! Love your project.

Do What You Love said...

What a great way to spend the holiday weekend, Audrey. I love this gift set and it is quite fancy and elegant! I do enjoy seeing your wonderful creations as they really are inspiring! Thank you for taking the time to share! :-)

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe how lovely this is. What a great idea to just cut the paper. Maybe I can find some pretty flowered paper and try my hand at something similar.