First I'd like to say hello and welcome several new followers! I'm so happy to see you here and I do hope you'll make yourselves at home! Google Connect isn't always dependable when you need to locate friends and as I could not find you in blogland, please let me know where I can contact you to personally thank you for following me. If permissible, I'd also like to drop in you too! If not, I appreciate your following and hope you find some inspiration whenever you're here!
Second, someone did request the cut.files I used for my Christmas flip-flop card; I have not ignored this request. I still have some file updating to get to -- lazy; however, as this one was done already for my debut on TheBugBytes, I'll make it available as soon as my Cricut E is up and operable which, hopefully, will be today.
Third, I was asked if I would be buying the Imagine, the answer is "no", not at this time. I think it's a great machine but as it is not yet capable of working with DS I have not found enough interest in it to purchase. I love being able to manipulate and create using all the available cartridge characters, when and how I'd like to, more than just having the characters available to use as designed; so, until it's been updated to work with DS I don't really see spending the money right now. I LOVE designing! I know once it's compatible with DS I'll be dying to get it!!!
With the above things addressed, moving on... Of course I'm still waiting for my cord to arrive in the mail today but, over the weekend, I did play with a couple of resin projects. The first project I must have added too much hardener to the resin because it actually overheated and warped my project -- sorry it was badly ruined so I won't be posting that horror! The next project, I think, came out beautiful. I'm calling it "Roses are Red" (yea, I know, very original; right?!) Anyway, I grouped together several silk flowers in a glass container, added clear marbles to the bottom of the container, and added resin so that the roses appear as though they're in water; I used a low-temp glue gun and added drops of glue to give the rose petals the appearance of having dew on them:
Oops!!! I was in such a rush to share this with you that before taking the picture I forgot to remove the plastic tie holding the flowers together beneath the base of the roses! If you see it, pretend you don't; the tie was just temporary to keep the roses in place until the resin set. I can remove now.
Below is a close up of the roses with the "dew" look using the glue gun. If you click to enlarge you might see it better:
Well, I guess I'm off to find something else to play with until the mail gets here. In the meantime, I hope you like my roses because I'm presenting them to all of you!!!
I'll be seeing you!