WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Friday, March 18, 2011

INKED VASE TUTORIAL

Yeaaaa, it's Friday -- happy weekend to you all!!!

What a wonderful day I enjoyed yesterday; Buster and I had a leisurely and playful walk along the lake front, and later I dropped him back home to go get in a little craft "window shopping" -- didn't buy a thing!!!  But it was a relaxing and a much enjoyed day!

Okay, I promised you a tutorial on how I did my vase, and it is easy!!!  Although there are several pictures here, I'm walking you through it, but it's less than a 3-4 step process.  Before we start, unfortunately, I only bought one vase at the dollar store, so I had to find something else to use and found this bottle as a demonstration sample:
Now let's get our supplies together and see what can we can do:


Okay, remember I was playing so I used whatever ink I had -- alcohol and/or distressed, and selected the colors I liked; grabbed some glitter, Glossy Accents to use as the adhesive for the jewelry on my bottle; some waxed paper to fit the lid of the container, a rubber band, and some beaded ribbon for the embellie.  Let's go ...

Start by drizzling several colored inks in your desired colors around the rim of the container (note:  you must work quickly as the ink dries pretty fast):


Using a rubberband, cover opening of lid:


Now have some fun!!!  Or, are you mad?  Take out some aggression...lol!  Holding the container shake and tap it vigorously against the palm of your other hand while turning the container as you go; this will swirl and splatter the inks.  You can add more ink and continue the shaking, tapping and turning until you have an effect you like. 


Here's the effect I liked after 2 applications of ink:


Okay, so it doesn't look great right now, so let's add the magic:  pour in about 1/4 teaspoons each of 2 different glitters in corresponding colors to the inks:


Cover the container again and secure with rubber band, then do the same shake, turn, and tap against your palm as you did with the ink.  Now see what Ive got:

And doesn't this look amazing?!!!  Here's where we can add our embellies!  I'm going to use the bead ribbon:

The final step is optional:  let the inside dry, then entirely cover the outside of the container (you should do this before adding the embellies), and spray the  inside with a clear acrylic sealer.

Of course, you can't put water in it to hold real flowers but how pretty would even silk flowers look, or even dropping a battery operated candle on the inside.  So many possibilities!  Actually, I was using this bottle as a tutorial sample but I like how it came out, so I think I'm going to further embellish it.

I told you it was easy!  Sure would like to see yours!!!

I'll be seeing you!

24 comments:

Dawnll said...

Love it! This is a great tutorial to share- now you know I would like anything that includes glitter.
Glad you had a great day out yesterday.
Have a great weekend

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Such a neat look and I love the shimmer!!

flowerdisco said...

sooo pretty and it looks like an easy project too. tfs :P

it is gorgeous around here too. enjoy it.

hugs!

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

I love the idea of the battery operated candle. Thanks for the step by step pics!

This turned out very pretty!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You always make it looks so easy. How beautiful it turned out, you are so darn creative... Glad to hear your aunt is doing good. Have a wonderful day Audrey...hugs

~BridgetL~ said...

that is a perfect walk thru on your directions. I can totally follow along with these. I think you sample turned out great. Thanks Audrey for taking the time to show us how you put it all together :)

Stacy said...

Audrey,
So happy you had a great day at the park. I have to get some of those alcohol inks, I absolutely love this vase and want to try it.
Have a great weekend sweetie
Hugs
Stacy

Unknown said...

Pretty! Once again, you came up with something I never would have thought of :)

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [19 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

shari said...

Thanks Audrey, it looks alot easier than I thought it would be. Very pretty!!! Shari (cricutrookie)

Rhonda Emery said...

tfs so glad your back to yourself and playing around with some great projects and ideas love everything you do. hugs

Angi Barrs said...

Wow...you are amazing Audrey. Gorgeous splashes of color. I must try this one for sure.

And thank you for your sweet comments this week. Hugs to ya!

lovemypaper said...

WOW this is so very cute love the color!tfs

- - Sheryl - - said...

love this!!! I am going to try this on some glass ornaments too! thank you!

Jean said...

This is so neat, love how it turned out. I have some alcohol inks. I need to check and see if I have a vase or get one to give this a try.

jen said...

Looks like so much fun! Super awesome job. TFS
hugs,jen

Monica said...

Audrey, I absolutely love this project!!!I want to try it!! LOVELY

Snowmanlover said...

This is amazing!!

Besthobbyeva said...

Thanks for posting the instructions, it looks pretty easy and comes out so amazing!!! Great, great job!

Laurie

Kate said...

This looks like fun! And isn't it wonderful that each result will be unique?! No two the same!!

Susan said...

Thank you, Audrey, for your wonderful tutorial! What a beautiful project (and I love the vase that you posted earlier). I can't wait to try this. Maybe I will pick up some clear glass Christmas ornaments and see what I can come up with!

Gail said...

Hi Audrey,
Nice work as usual. Thanks for the visit.
Gail

papillon digital design said...

Love this Audrey. I am totally going to scraplift this. TFS

DonnaMundinger said...

Honestly Audrey, these look like those expensive vases you see. An you make it look so easy! Gonna have to try this! xxD