WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

SOMETHING TO SHARE BEFORE HITTING THE ROAD!!!

Hello, everyone!  Well, the hubby and I will be heading out to Atlanta later this afternoon!  Thanks for all the well wishes and safe travel comments!  I'm so sorry I won't get a chance to visit with you before I leave, there just wasn't enough time, but I will drop in on everyone just as soon as I get back.

In the meantime, are you wondering what I'm doing up this early in the morning?  Well, I still have to complete a DT project or Sheila's blog on Thursday; and, unfortunately, another very dear and close friend of my husband passed over the Independence holiday.  The loss of four (4) friends this year is really taking a toll on Leonard, so of course when he asked if I could find time to squeeze in a quick card, I couldn't say "no".  So here I am after 2 am with his card done and a DT project to go!  Because I haven't had time to do anything else to share with you over the last few days, I'm going to share the card.  I love making these particular cards but, as I have to be up, I wish this card could have been  more fun to do -- other than for such a sad circumstance.  But these cards do seem so appropriate -- don't you think so too?  Oh well, I'll have fun with my DT project, although it'll be short but (hopefully) sweet!  I'm getting tired...lol!

I've shared these cards with you before, so I hope you're not weary of seeing them.  I try not to be too repetitious.  Here's the card:


Here's a picture with the card's box and the envelope for the card-stand:


Gotta go finish up my DT project now as I've got to get it posted  before we leave to post on Thursday, and I've got to try to get a bit of rest -- still got one more errand to run before we leave.  So, I hope you'll all be happy while I'm gone.  I'll be thinking of you, and I can't wait to see all you're wonderful projects when I get back!!!  Hopefully, by then, I'll have pictures from both family reunion's to share with you too!

If you can, please stop by, or by Sheila's, on Thursday to see what I've prepared for my DT project!!!

Thanks always for stopping by!!!  You're the best blog-family in blogland and I appreciate you all!!!

Hugs!

14 comments:

Besthobbyeva said...

Audrey - wow this is absolutely gorgeous!! What a truly comforting gift to get during a time of loss!! Just beautiful!!!

Laurie

Jean said...

This card is beautiful. Sorry for the loss of another friend. Hope you got some rest and you guys have a great trip.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am sure Leonard was extremely pleased with the card.. it's lovely... and you say it's easy to make... wow, it doesn't look like it. Does the card fold up? So beautiful Audrey. Well my friend, have a WONDERFUL time and I can't wait to see all of your pictures... Love love that card.. do you have a tutorial somewhere on your blog how to make one? hugs

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! Have a safe trip.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

So sorry hubby lost another friend! My condolences to him.
Your card is amazing as always.
Again have a wonderful safe trip! Take lots of photos and enjoy yourself and we will see you when you get back.

Stacy said...

Audrey,
I am so sorry sweetie for the loss of your friend. My prayers are with you always.
You and Hubby have a safe trip!
Hugs
Stacy

magicwanda said...

Hi Audrey
I Love this so Beautiful!
Enjoy and be safe in your travels.....
Hugs Wanda

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous cards Audrey. Be safe on your travels to Atlanta. Can't wait to see what you create when ya get back. :)

lovemypaper said...

Hello Audrey, such a beautiful card,So sorry for the lost of a dear friend.Enjoy your trip and have a safe one.

The Archiving Angel said...

Hello Audrey~ just catching up on blogs I follow and had to say how much I adore this project. You are amazing & talented. I love your style!
Your projects always astound me.
Sorry to learn of the loss of your friend. May God guide & bless you through this rough patch.
Take care & crafty best wishes,
Sonia

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Sorry for the loss of so many friends. This is a beautiful card!!! It will be cherished I am sure.

MsJay said...

Beautiful card! My condolences goes out to your hubby. Hope you have a safe trip.

Charlotte said...

Oh Audrey,

I have not figured out how I missed this card. I know I read the post about the loss of your husband's friend. But somehow I missed seeing this card. It is absolutely gorgeous! How in the world did you make it. I would so love to know. It is so pretty and touching. you are so talented and have the perfect touch to every project.
I continue to think everyday about what a great time i had with you. When you get back home, I'll call you. I can't wait to talk to you.

Big Hugs,
Charlotte

silvia haynes said...

Beautiful card!! So Sorry for your loss~give Leonard a hug from me.