WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Monday, September 19, 2011

JUST AN EXPERIMENT!!!

Hello, all!  And hello and welcome to all my new following family-members that I may not have acknowledged in the last few days!  I'm happy to have all of you here!!!

For several weeks my aunt has been increasingly demanding and has kept me pretty busy.  In trying to please her, I've been overworking myself; so Saturday and yesterday were days of rest -- particularly after coming in from church yesterday feeling ill.  Unfortunately, I'd also been really very tired for awhile so I guess it started to catch up with me.  I felt some of the pressure but ignored it, not realizing just how tired I was and/or how it was effecting me.   Being HARD-HEADED I even ignored the signs.   For instance, I don't know if any of you noticed  -- and I just can't figure how I did it -- but I made a wrong selection on my last blog candy for the paperstack.  The winner should have been the Cricut Couple as they were the 12th commentor; how I counted as far down to Maria... I just don't know.  However, as embarrassing as it was, I've apologized to the Cricut Couple, and both they and Maria will receive paper stacks.  Thanks to my hubby for recognizing my error in that he decided to sit and  browse/read through my posts and comments.  Also, on Thursday, my DT project here on my blog posted late because I thought I'd automatically scheduled it but had never taken it out of "draft" mode.  Then, I dozed off Friday afternoon and was awakened by the sound of a god-awul explosion -- I'd forgotten some eggs I'd put on to boil and when the water completely boiled away -- BOOM!!!  LOL!!!  What a mess; boiled eggs were all over my nice clean kitchen!!!  God only knows what else I've done I'm not aware of yet!!!  LOL!!! Anyway, like I said, I did get some rest most of weekend.  However, doing nothing, bores me very easily; therefore, I decided I'd just experiment on something simple for a minute or so to break the monotony.

Several weeks ago, I purchased this frame bookmark from a resale shop:


Well, by now you should know me!  I've been looking AND looking at it, and this morning decided I'd experiment to see if I could come up with something similar -- not to do anything stressful or strenuous, just something to toy with.  After thinking on how I might be able to make this bookmark, I grabbed a coat hanger (and cut off a section of the wire), a can of gold spray paint, a medium and small size cabachon, and some oven-bake clay:


And in a matter of about 30 minutes here's the outcome of my version of the bookmark:


Here are both bookmarks side-by-side:


Mine is still a bit rough looking but now that I've done the experiment, I know what I'll do refine it to make it better looking!  However, I won't do that now because I think the fumes from the paint are causing what was a dimenishing migraine to resurface.  However, I'd appreciate your telling  me what you think so far!

Before I leave, I also want to share what may be the very last of the roses from my hubby's garden for this summer.  Each year he keeps fresh assorted flowers and roses all throughout the house that he's grown.  All his red roses and most of the flowers have already gone but there're still a few buds left of the white, pink and yellow roses on the bushes (which he's hoping will still bloom).  Here's what he brought me in yesterday that had opened:


His flowers and roses are always so pretty!  Here's a close up of these which are probably though his last ones for the summer:


Well, I'm going to get a bit more rest to try to rid myself of this aggravating migraine; then I'll be back later to visit with some of you!  Maybe even "sneak" in another project!

Thanks for stopping by, love you all, and...

I'll be seeing you -- soon!

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Just AWESOME.

Rhonda Emery said...

I think wow you made that out of a hanger and clay amazing I love the ruff look you call it I call it beautiful and antique looking love it . hugs friend

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow Audrey that's fabulous!!! I love it - you totally recreated that gorgeous frame bookmark - truly amazing! Sorry you've been a bit stressed - isn't funny how our minds cope with stress! I'm hoping your weekend was truly restful enough and that the days to come are stress free! GORGEOUS flowers too!
Hugs,
M

jessica said...

please feel better and continue to rest!
Love your bookmark! so very creative :)
Those flowers are so beautiful!! TFS

Charlotte said...

OH Audrey, I'm sorry you are not feeling well these days. Just slow down for a few days and take it easy. The book mark you made is amazing. I cannot believe how you can just look at something and then create it. Yours is just as wonderful as the one you purchased. I love it!!!! You inspire me to get my creative juices flowing. Take care of yourself. I'll be back to your blog soon to visit and see what you have going on.

Patti J said...

Oh, sweetie, I hope you get some rest. I'm so sorry that you've had so many problems! I do like your project, very much - you are so very creative! And, goodness, those roses are fabulous! Lucky you having an in home gardner! (And quite handsome too :) Take care of yourself, dear friend - see you soon!

Ladybug said...

Oh, sweetie -- I know only too well what migraines are like. I know you like to help your aunt and anyone else that needs it, but you also need to take time to yourself --- for rest, relaxation, and fun.

Your bookmark is beautiful!!! As are those roses!

Anonymous said...

First off take care of yourself and get some rest. I know what a wonderful and giving person you are and I'd hate to see yourself wear yourself out.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments you always leave on my blog, you are so sweet :-) and I appreciate them all so much! They brighten my day :-)

The bookmark is so pretty and your hubbys flowers from his garden are absolutely gorgeous!

Hope you can rest up some and have a wonderful week!!! -Sam :-)

Stacy said...

Audrey,
Your creations are always so pretty. Please take care of yourself sweetie, don't overwork!!
Hugs, Stacy

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, deat Audrey! Your bookmark is really lovely and I'm sure that you've hit upon something creative there. But .. it sounds to me like you need a bit of a rest and a self-pampering day! Please take care of yourself!

lovemypaper said...

Very cute bookmark such a wonderful job, love the roses.

Dawnll said...

I hate that you are spreading yourself so thin. I know when I overwork myself or extend myself I do "crazy" things.
Don't feel like the lone ranger in that. It is hard to take care of others and not take the time to rest or re-charge. i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers sweetie.
Remember your health depends on you taking care of yourself.
Love the experiment-you always amaze me with your way of thinking and trying new ideas.
Sending you love sweetie

Jean said...

The bookmark looks great! Those roses are also beautiful.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Audrey, . I had a feeling you were over doing things.. I will be praying that you get the rest you need.. you won't be in any shape to help your Auntie if you don't take care of yourself... AND I can't believe what you did with that book mark.. it looks just like the one you brought.. you are so amazing. BUT I am worried about you... you need to take care of yourself.. I will also be praying for your Auntie... that she won't be so demanding.. old people just get that way.. I know how much you want to be there for her, but you HAVE to take care of Audrey... sending you BIG hugs

Unknown said...

What a beautiful book mark!!! You are so talented!!!!

I hope you take card of yourself girl ~ we need you healthy and rested :)

hugs!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you finally got some rest. I'm right behind you with mom in rehab and one of my daughters going thru an awful problem with Meniere's disease. Not any fun when you feel the world is spinning and you have 3 young children to care for! (They are 5, 3 and 1)Anyways tell your husband I LOVE his roses.He certainly has a green thumb. BTW, I think you did an awesome job on the bookmark! You amaze me!! Hugs, Mary

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great project and beautiful roses! Make sure you rest up and feel better!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Audrey, I am so glad that you have been able to take a little down time. I used to really suffer from migraines. I dealt with them for years. Finally, I found a doctor who is also a dietician. She has really changing everything for me. I cut all headache triggers out of my diet and I don't take anymore medication. It's wonderful! The bookmark is just gorgeous, but everything you do is gorgeous. The flowers are incredible! It stayed to dry here that I will have to wait until next summer for our roses. They just didn't like all this heat this summer. Get some more rest. Can't wait to see your next round of being bored.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sorry you have been feeling stressed and hope that you can do something that will relax you as that is not good for your health. Love your project. I would love to have flowers in our yard, we bought in a new subdivision, every home has grass, 3 bushes and 2 trees. We are working on it!

Unknown said...

Very cool!!! I really need to start being more inventive with supplies and "doo dads" the way you are :)

cuttlebug_fan said...

Audrey, you're very creative!!! Love the roses from your husband's garden. We planted some roses this year in ours and even though this Summer was way to hot, they survived. Take care,

Leirad
leiradcardmakingcorner.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Just popping by to say I am thinking of you and HOPE you are getting some rest... hugs

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! you nailed that project! I think I like yours better! hugs- hope you get to feeling better soon!
kacee

Angi Barrs said...

Love your version Audrey. You are super creative!!! :)

Curt in Indy said...

Seriously, you never cease to amaze me. I could never in a million years try to duplicate something like that, and yours comes out wonderfully and it is only an "experiment". Amazing. . .and how sweet that your husband gardens. The flowers are beautiful. You two are certainly a very special pair. I'm sorry your Aunt is driving you. . .you are a good woman. Please take care of yourself. . .feel better soon. . .hugs, Curt

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Audrey,

Sorry you have worn yourself out. It must be hard taking care of your aunt. My Mom took care of her Dad, her mother in law and an aunt, it is not an easy job!

I hope you feel much better very soon. I will be praying for you.

I love the bookmark you made, it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! You amaze me every time!

Hugs beautiful lady!

Susan said...

Oh, Audrey dear! I am sorry that you have reached the "frazzled" stage. But I am happy that you are going to take a break. You are one of those special people who takes care of others, and sometimes forgets to take care of herself. So do please make a conscious effort to REST! Your "toying around" project is wonderful! There is so much you could do with that. And how lovely it must be to have flowers around the house! The funny thing about the eggs is that a friend and I were discussing that very thing just the other day (it happened to her, not to me). Please stop and smell those roses, dear Audrey.

lisa808 said...

Take care and rest up! Your hubby's roses are gorgeous.

The Archiving Angel said...

Oh wow! You have been quite overloaded but that has not stopped you from being the kind person you are or even from continuing to bring us some beautiful creations. Love your bookmark. You did an outstanding job.
Hope you can get some much needed rest.
Take care of yourself. We will be here for you!
I have been catching up on your posts and was worried about you.
Will keep you in my prayers.
Hugs,
Sonia