I've finally did as much to my altered book for the Lessology Blogspot challenge as I could with the time permitted. When I originally started I began with an old book but didn't like how it was progressing, so I started over and designed this one from scratch. I think it kind of reflects who I am in that I usually have no direction of where I'm going when I design/craft and the only schematic I follow is what's in my own mind...lol!!! Therefore I had no idea of the design from one page to the next as each page was completed -- that's me!!! LOL! And, with Halloween being so close I wanted to "sneak" incorporate that into my book too, so I did the cover in colors to represent Halloween... but, which also blend into the "no theme, no holiday" pages. This book being so typically me is why I'm calling it "Just me..., Audrey".
You might want to grab a cup of coffee or a snack, or whatever, because I'm going to take you through of tour of my altered book which consists of eleven pictures. Let's get started with my altered book:
Now we'll move on to the pages.
The right-side page is 8 sheets of paper glued together to form the recessed window; the die-cuts are from the Sophie cart cut on my cricut expression, and both pages include pearls from a Pearl Pen. I used "Peel-Offs" for the frame and top/bottom edges on the left-hand page and for the rose flower on the right-hand page; I colored them with Crystal Colors Laquer and to highlighted, of course, I used Stickles :
On the following pages, there's a frame is on the left-hand page where a picture can be inserted and which was also cut from the Sophie cart; the tag on the right-hand page opens for journaling and/or another small picture, and is mounted on foam dots:
The Nefertitis at the bottom of the left-hand page is made from clay by using a handmade mold ( you might remember I used one before for a bracelet); the picture of the queen on the right-hand page was one I found on the internet which I embellished with lots of glass glitter. For additional dimension, I added Glossy Accents to her face and hands. The queen's page is 2 layers and lifting up the top layer opens to a pop-up exposing the queen's castle:
I wanted to make certain I incorporated a couple of different embellishing "upcycled" elements and techniques, so I just couldn't not do an embossed page, a page covered with lace, or actual altered torn book pages -- which I've actually stamped my face on one:
The word "Faith" on the above page was cut from vinyl.
The final pages are plain white sheets for some hand journaling, should I decide to ever use it... lol!!!
Well, that's it!!! I hope it meets the requirements of the Lessology team, and that both they and you like it!
As I've still got to come up with something to make for my DT project for The Bug Bytes, after I submit thisto the challenge, I'm off again! However, I will take a few minutes later (and in between project breaks -- whatever it ends up being) to come around to visit with as many of you as I can!!!
Hugs, love you all, and...
I'll be seeing you!