WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Friday, January 20, 2012

"CADILLAC CARRIAGE" KEEPSAKE BABY SHOWER GIFT!!!

Hello, family-friends!!!  Hope all's well -- as I always pray is so!!!  Sorry I haven't been around but I've really been busy today; had a doctor's appointment earlier (will be on pins and needles waiting for the"just great" results...lol) and now I'm rushing to get ready for my neice's baby shower tomorrow.  I'm almost done with the project I'm working on despite a few minor alterations to it here and there -- then I'm off to cooking barbecue meatball appetizers and potato salad for 60 people... lol!!!  Several of the family folks are chipping in on the food because the hotel wanted way too much per person, so our doing it cuts the cost astronomically... lol!  (But, let's not tell Marriott, because it's really not allowed -- my neice is only getting away with it because she's a manager there!)

My project is a keepsake baby carriage that I'm calling a "Cadillac Carriage".  Why?  Because, although I've done many of these on a smaller scale, this is the largest one I've done so far, so it's really the "Cadillac" of all the others.

Just so you know, this has given me the B-L-U-E-S!!!  I thought it would be easy enough but when I couldn't find a proportionately-sized box I actually had to cut and piece boxes together to get the size I needed.  I think it's come along pretty good -- and it was still kind of fun to put together; here's it is and you can click on each picture for a better view:


The "CR" on the picture of the carriage above are the baby's initials.  Here's a view of the opposite side of the box that has a pocket to hold the card:


This picture shows the front of the box with a pocket holding baby wash cloths:


And the back of the box has a small pocket holding a set of rattles:


To give you an idea on how large this carriage is, excluding what's in the pockets, the inside contains a bottle of Drift Liquid Detergent, pampers, a bottle/food warmer, 2-sets of jammies, 4 outfits, baby clothes hangers, a comb/brush set, diaper rash ointment, medicine dispensers, tinny little nail files and nail clipper, thermometer, formula dispensing cup, baby wipes, diaper waste bags, pacifier wipes, nose inhalers; Johnson's lotion, soap, shampoo and powder; petroleum jelly... and a couple of other things I need to "squeeze" in somewhere...lol!!!  I usually call this a "Needful Things" carriage because some of these items are things young mothers may not receive in the gift-giving from others... lol!

After the contents have been used, I hope my neice will find this a useful keepsake item in the baby's room to store little things she may need right at hand.

Well, I'm off to finish up as much as I can tonight before I have to go to the shower tomorrow, so I'll probably not see you until I get back home! 

Hope you enjoyed my project!!!  In the meantime...

Hugs, love you all, and...

I'll be seeing you!!! 


53 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You are definitely busy, but it sounds like a good busy.. AND that baby carriage is beyond cute. I can't believe all the things you were able to put in it ... She is going to ABSOLUTELY love this and I am sure she will keep it for a keepsake... have fun my friend.. And keep us updated on those test results.. BUT I think you are going to be having an extra special year... Love and hugs

Unknown said...

Audrey this is stunning!!!! I don't think there is one single detail you left out! I am sure your niece and "CR" will love it. It would be great to store diapers in. Thank you for another wonderful project. Have fun @ the shower. Hugs~Mary

Dawnll said...

Oh my word this is so stinkin cute! Cadillac is right-Oh you know she has to use this after it is empty.
I hope you are taking some time to take care of yourself.
Crossing my fingers you get GREAT results.
Hugs my friend

Cricut Couple said...

Audrey, this is just WONDERFUL! Amazing as always!!!

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, that is awesome, she is going to love it! I can only imagine how it looks in person. You knocked this one out of the ball field!

Great job Audrey!


Hugs!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is amazing! What a wonderful gift idea for a new Mommy!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

crea-elma said...

Wow!
This is a very lovely babypresent!

greets Elma

( i can reply now)

lisa808 said...

Amazing gift! This will be gorgeous in the baby's room and your niece is sure to treasure it always.

Angi Barrs said...

Wowza...you have outdone yourself Audrey! Love this!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift this will make! So pretty and look at how useful it is too. Love it. TFS

~BridgetL~ said...

Wow wow wow, makes me want to have another baby just so you can send me one. LOL NOT!, but I know she will love it. I hope you have a great time which I knwo you will. Hugs :)

Creative Hayes Creations said...

WOW, that is really nice..looks beautiful..you gonna need a cart to take it in aint cha? lol.. You know you need take a pen and paper to take down orders,lol.

DIANA L. said...

This is so awesome. What a great gift for any new mom. You out did yourself.
If that is possible I always love seeing your baby creations.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogpsot.com

Scrappin Sista said...

beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm in total WOW!! This is just amazing and so much more, "fabulous" and a keepsake that will be very useful. Hugs, Lori m

jessica said...

WOW!!! This is amazing!!! Awesome job!

Rhonda Emery said...

this is just too adorable what a great gift for a new mom. I just know she will love it. you are one talented friend. hugs

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Audrey, that is beautiful, gorgeous, just adorable :) What a wonderful keepsake to have. That I'm sure will be the talk of the shower.

Ladybug said...

Hiya Audrey. Poppin' by to say "hi".

OMG, that certainly is a "cadillac" carriage. Your niece will love it.

I esp. loved the li'l keys at the back. Tooooooo cute!

Hope you get "good results"!!!

Hugs, Linda

Vee said...

Well done Audrey, that is just beautiful, your neice is such a lucky girl!!!
Hope your results are good.
Vee xx

Debbie said...

Love it Audrey!!!

DEBORAH said...

OMG! What a beautiful project. I love this the person who receive it will love it also.

Susan said...

What a lucky family to receive such a delightful gift! You are such a talented gal. I hope that you enjoy the shower. I will keep you in my prayers as you await those doctor's results. Take care, my friend.

Treva said...

What a great project and a nice gift; the contents are all necessary items!

lovemypaper said...

OMG this is super cute love it!

sheila said...

Oh Audrey,this is just perfect! I've got a little newby on the way and this idea is just what I need for a welcome prezzy. You are clever

┊  ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊  ★
┊  ┊  ☆
┊  ★

Scrappin Sista said...

Hi Audrey,
just checking on you my friend...Have not seen you in a minute.. hope you are ok...
big hugs,
Alice

Gail said...

Hi Audrey
I love the baby gift. I think I need to have a baby just to get one. Just kidding I am to old for that.

Nicole said...

Wonderful job!! Your niece is going to love it!

Jodie R said...

Audrey, that is the most darling little "cadillac carriage" I have ever seen. You are so creative! Your kind words on my blog lift me up so much! I love your projects and look forward to another year of education and inspiration.

Hugs!

Jodie

Unknown said...

Totally adorable!!!

The Archiving Angel said...

Hello Audrey! So glad I finally made it to your blog.
What a way to be greeted too.
This incredible carriage is chock full of details & beauty. You have done it again.
Truly extraordinary!!!
Love it.
I am off to see more.
I have missed stopping by.
Big hugs,
Sonia

Besthobbyeva said...

Wow and wow!! This is an amazing project. The detail is amazing, it is sure to be a huge hit. I love the card on the side as well!! Great great job!!!

Laurie
serenityscrappers

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

I just tried to comment, did you get it?

Stacy said...

Audrey,
Oh my goodness this is the cutest thing ever. I love it. Great job as always
Hugs, Stacy

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I have never seen anything like this...it is AMAZING, Audrey!! Wow, what a fabulous gift!! You are so creative!! I LOVE this!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You know I always worry about u when I don't see u post for awhile.. I pray u are just enjoying life and nothing is wrong.. I know Leonad takes good care of u but i still worry.. Hope u are just having a fun time with family and friends.. Life is so short.. Love and hugs

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Hi Audrey, I hope all is well with you and your family. I look forward to hearing from you!

Rhonda Emery said...

just stopping by to say hi and I love your diaper basket. hope you are doing fine havent seen you around. miss you hugs.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

i am starting to get a little worried about you my friend... i hope you are just having too much fun to get into your craft room. Well know you are missed in blogger world... i am saying a little prayer everything is ok.. love and hugs
Sandy

Angi Barrs said...

This baby carriage is sooooo super sweet & fabulous. :)

Beebeebabs said...

I miss you - stopping by to say hello and hope all is well!!!

SherriC. said...

this is just adorable!!!!!!!

Susan said...

Hi Audrey: Are you okay? I am worried about you and keeping you in my prayers. Take care. Sue

MsJay said...

Now this is my kind of project. Love it.

GabyCreates.com said...

This is amazing and adorably cute!!! Get better! Miss you!!

Rhonda Emery said...

I hope you are doing well I have missed you around. I commented on this the first time I saw it it is so amazing blogger was giving me troubles for a while now I think its alright for a few mins, or days lol. hugs

Sandy Ang said...

how totally adorable

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Checking in on you, hope you are well!!!

- - Sheryl - - said...

Hi Audrey - how are you?
Hope you are doing ok - miss chatting. this looks wonderful!

shari said...

Audrey, This carriage is adorable!!! Beautiful job my friend. I hope your doing well. It's not like you to be away so long. Shari (cricutrookie)

Brenda said...

OMGOSH this is sooooo awesome....you are sooo talented lady!!! Hope all is going well for you.
hugs
Brenda

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

This is just precious! I stumbled upon this link on Pinterest and found you! Hahahaha-- Too funny! Well, I am glad I did because as many times as I have been on your blog, I have never seen this one! It is just perfect!!