WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Friday, January 6, 2012

Hello, everyone!  Hope all's well!

I haven't posted this week because I've been up to several things like visiting and catching up on your blogs and wonderful projects.  I left a comment or two on your blogs but I did get to do some further browsing just to catch up on most of what I'd missed while MIA.  Takes a lot of time to comment on everything, so I'll just let you know now in one-lump sum that your crafting skills are amazing.  Also, wanted to say hello to those of you who do not have blogs  for me to visit but who support me;  I don't forget about you either.

Additionally I took some time to do some browsing; browsed YouTube (which I don't normally do because I'm terrified of viruses) and I got some wonderful ideas while there.  I'll have to not be so intimidated as to keep me from going there more often.  Mostly though I did a lot of searching trying to find on-line places that sold that diamond mesh at a pretty reasonable cost -- compared to Etsy and other on-line places prices.  I really-really wanted that purple and as the little fabric store in my neighborhood didn't have it, I went looking -- and I found somewhere!!!  I ordered my purple and received it yesterday!!!  I ordered several colors including red to do Valentine gifts but I'm a bit disappointed as the red looks more pink.  Anyway, I'm going to share a few quick and easy gifts I made last night with the silver and red, and tell you where you can order it.  I received my order really quick -- although I paid extra for a faster delivery!  Now, I think you can imagine just how much I loooove this stuff?!!!  I'm still searching for somewhere less expensive, but here's the link where you can find it at the best cost I've found so far:  http://save-on-crafts.com/sequins.html .  Now I'll share with you the easy projects I did. 

I found this lipstick case at a dollar store and purchased a stick of lip gloss:


I turned it into this:


Here's a picture of the lip gloss tucked inside the case:


My second purchase at the dollar store was this little purse:


And it now looks like this:


The inside of this purse is red which makes it just perfect for Valentine Day, so I'm going to tuck a small chocolate and a small bottle of perfume on the inside ( little bottle with match of course as I'll embellish it with the mesh!):


Last, I made another pen; this time using the gold -- and I made a small notebook to match:


All these projects took less than an hour to do, and I would have been on a roll had my hubby not interrupted me to do something for him... lol!!!  Overall, being as excited as I am -- and at this rate -- I think I'll be plenty ready for Valentine and Mother's Day!!!  LOL!!!

Well guys, I guess you're in for a ride!!!  You'll probably be really-really sick of me using this stuff for a while because I'm absolutely hooked on it.  As I'm trying to come up with a special project using the purple, you can expect to see another project using this diamond mesh ribbon sooner than later... lol!!!

I'm off again, but I'll be back!  Stay turned though because I also have a little surprise coming up for you next time!!!

Love and hugs!!!

37 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

these are so amazing and beautiful would you mind emailing me and tell me how to do the pen it is just for myself. hugs

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey that is beautiful. I went to the site and it is very reasonable. How do you adhere that to your project? I might have to try this.... it is awesome. TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Thanks, guys! I appreciate your comments!

Rhonda, I'll email you but I'll probably get around to doing a quick tutorial evidentually because they really are easy -- takes only a few minutes!

Sheila, I used Amazing E-6000 to adhere the mesh to the materials.

Hope this helps!

- - Sheryl - - said...

love the bling - especially the last one! fabulous

Jean said...

How pretty. I love all of these!

Lisa said...

Oh WOW, Audrey, these are stunning!! You did a fabulous job!! I am headed to that site now to check out the mesh...I just love the look of this!! Thanks so much for sharing and have a great weekend :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Dawnll said...

Oh I am so happy I came here-I have been wanting some of this mesh...I couldn't afford the Etsy stuff either.
Your projects are amazing!!!
So glad you shared with us.
Nice to see you posting again-really missed you.
Hugs my friend

Tammy said...

I can see why you love that stuff...your projects are beautiful and amazing. What great gift idea. I think I will have to try it...fabulous work. I sure hope you New Year is a wonderful and healthy one. Smiles...Tammy

Beebeebabs said...

Super cute Audrey thanks for sharing!!!

Scrappin Sista said...

OMG!!!! you are just amazing, your creativity is off the charts!! I love, love, love all your projects!! Your the BOMB Ms. Lady!!

Cricut Couple said...

Well, when Jill saw these, she just jumped online with her Mini-Laptop and started shopping that site. She is hoping for Purple. Hee! Hee! Thanks for the info! We will be watching for the tutorial. YAY!

Susan said...

Hello my dear friend Audrey!! Happy New Year! I first must appologize for being missing for a while. I did stop over yesterday and left a comment for you but when I clicked submit I lost my internet connection so I don't think it went through. (I didn't get the code word to submit before the internet went out). I've been having computer isuues as of late, my hubby says we need a new router because we have too many things online now. I don't know what that all means but I hope it gets fixed soon! My goodness Audrey, it seems like so long since we visited! Did you have a great Christmas? We had such a good one. Then hubby was off the following week so it was go, go, go. I have been so tired since Christmas, I really think I way over did it. That or I have some new sleepy sickness...uck! I hate feeling tired all the time. How are you feeling? I'm going to update my blog, (finally), then I plan on catching up on all your posts. I really, really loving this diamond mesh you are using! And the purses and lipstick holder are just beautiful! I'm going to add this mesh to my wishlist. I can't wait to see what you will be doing with the purple! I love purple gems, they are so pretty!

I am looking forward to us catching up Audrey, I missed you! :)

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You sure do find the greatest way to use those dollar store products, lol. I just checked out the site, such amazing stuff over there. Great for other supplies as well. Glad to see you back in action! Hugs~ Mary

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Ok lady! This has to be my favorite project of yours to date. Absolutely beautiful, love love love this! You ALWAYS amaze me and this time - you took it over the top! Great job!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

WoW! These are super amazing blinged up projects! They look amazing!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Oooooh wow, I love this! I have to go check this out:) Very cute projects! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

cricaholic said...

GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the BLING!!! you turned ordinary into EXTRODINARY...very creative..TFS

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

You amazed me everything with your GORGEOUS creation!!! You turned simple item into really GREAT piece!!

Unknown said...

I can see why this diamond mesh is addicting!!!! You have been busy my friend!!

So glad to see you!! Happy 2012 my sister-friend!!!

Vee said...

WoW Audrey, that mesh is amazing stuff, what a transformation to those dollar purchases, I have'nt seen anything like it in the UK.
Thank you so much for your lovely comments they really inspire me.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS!
Vee xx

Curt in Indy said...

These projects are amazing! I think you are going to get me hooked on this mesh stuff. I looks amazing on your items. How do you attach it??? Best, Curt

Audrey Frelx said...

Curt, I used "Amazing E-6000" to adhere the mesh to all the materials.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, I love reading every one of them, and I appreciate your taking the time to leave me one!

I love you all, and big hugs!

Patti J said...

Hmmmm....a big surprise coming? Are you pregnant? Just kidding - Audrey, you are the rockinest gal! I just love what you've done with this mesh! I'd never seen it before today, and now, I would love to have some! SO SO SO pretty, and girle! Thanks for sharing!

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous. I just love theses. Have a happy Saturday. Hugs!

Barb Turpin said...

I've been missing in action for a couple weeks as well, thanks to that awful cold/flu going around. Certainly love your creative bling Audrey!

Creative Hayes Creations said...

Wow girl those are really nice..you are on the ball.

Lisa said...

WOW Lady, you know how to bling things up. They are gorgeous ;) Thanks so much for always commenting on my blog, it means alot.

Barb Craft said...

Wow!! This really turned out great!! What a darling little set you created!!

Barb :)

GabyCreates.com said...

WOW WOW and Amazing WOW Love them and I want them!!! LOL OK you can tell me how you made them and I'll make my own!

Ana Márquez said...

Hello, Audrey! I'm visiting you because I've just read your perfil and I liked very much :-DD Above all when you say that you can't "rid" your son, haha :-D My mother thinks the same thing about us :-) Your blog is wonderful, full of great crafs works. I have a blog about vintage images, I offer them to you if you need some of them to your lovely pieces. As you can see, my English is awful :-DDD I'm Spanish, I write to you from Europe. Sorry for sattering your beautiful language :-)

Nice to meet you, Audrey, I wish you the best of the years. Hugs from the far old Spain.

Sandi Clarkson said...

You are the bling queen for sure, Audrey!

Qadirah Gomez said...

These are all amazing... you have quite a talent my friend. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Besthobbyeva said...

Audrey, these are absolutely awesome. How you turned something so plain in something so sparkly and gorgeous!!! Great, great work!! TFS!!

Laurie
serenityscrappers

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Just wanted to pop in and tell you we made it home safely.. my back is killing me, but it could be worse.. and thank you so much for your prayers, i can't tell you how much i appreciated them.. AND these are just simply amazing... hugs

Brenda said...

wow awesome projects I HAVE to find that fabric....love love love what you have made!
hugs
Brenda

lisa808 said...

Talk about turning $1 into $1M!

The Archiving Angel said...

Seriously?!...wow oh wow. You have made dollar store couture ! They look like high end boutique pieces!!! No one would ever know they were dollar store items. Simply terrific my friend.
I love visiting & seeing what you create.
Truly a talented, gifted person.
Love ya,
Sonia