WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DRESSING CHRISTMAS FOR VALENTINE DAY!

Hi, everyone!  I see most of you have been having a crafting good time!!!  Unfortunately, although I visited, I did not even try to comment yesterday!  I'd been so annoyed with the Blogger issue that I just didn't put myself through the aggravation.  I did enjoy your projects though!  I did some commenting today, however, the problem still exists for many of you where I can't comment -- all I get is that dreaded blank screen!

I do have a altered box project today.  This project was the a result of my cleaning up Christmas supplies that I didn't have time to complete projects for during the holiday.  In those supplies were these boxes I'd thought to re-do for Christmas and as I didn't get the opportunity, I re-did them for Valentine Day instead.  Here's the box:


It reads "Love is the master key which opens the gates of happiness".  I'm  not certain what I'll put on the inside yet -- maybe candy -- but whatever, I'm hoping it will be a present inside a present because I like how it turned out overall.  Here's a picture of the top of the box:


Because I liked the outcome of this box so much, I decided I wanted the back to be fun and have a focal point also:


I titled it "Dressing Christmas for Valentine Day" because, as I said earlier, this was made from a box I was planning on recycling for Christmas.  I had several of them:


I used a velvet/suede-type paper to cover the box; the material on the top I purchased somewhere on etsy -- it comes in a 12"x12" cut, and then I glued on a few rhinestones; on the back is a velvet ribbon bow, small ribbon flowers, and a large rhinestone; the flowers were cut from a stem of silk flowers I found in my bin; some gathered ribbon, white beaded ribbon, more rhinestones, and the acrylic word block completed the embellishments on the box.   I hope you like it!!!

Well, I'm off again!  I'm working on a "major" baby-shower gift which I'll share with you as soon as it's completed!  Soooooo...,

Hugs, and I'll be seeing you!!!


25 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Audrey! Wowzers, girl! You hit this one all the way outa Wrigley!!! As for your Blogger issue, if you can possibly let folks know when you can't comment on their blogs, to go into their comment options and unclick the 'embedded' link. They can click on full page or pop up I think, and either one should work. That fixed mine with one little click and save yesterday! Hope that helps!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is just GORGEOUS Audrey. I love all the detail. AWESOME.

Dawnll said...

Oh my word this is so elegant! Wow what a beautiful design and I love the sentiment...
You are amazing that is for sure.
So glad you could share.
Hugs my friend

A Creative Operation said...

Wow, this is beautiful!!! I love it!

Myrna said...

Audrey
This is a darling box. Loving the flowers.
Blogger has a fix for that blank page but the owner of the blog has to do it.
Myrna

Tanya said...

Audrey, your Valentine box looks beautiful!!

Barb Craft said...

Wow! Love this! You always have the best trims and your gift ideas are amazing! Thanks for sharing this with us!

barb :)

Ana Márquez said...

Hi, Audrey! I'm having problems with Blogger too :-( It's terrible, but it's better to keep calm :-)

Your works are sooooo beautiful as always! I love them! Thanks for sharing with us so wonderful handmade things!

Kiss from Spain! :-)

Lori m said...

Beautiful, I love Christmas but so love Valentine's Day as much. These are just beautiful, love the flowers and the ruffles.

Hugs, Lori m

Cricut Couple said...

Brilliant as always! I just love it!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Audrey... How beautiful, you are so amazing my friend... I pray you are having a wonderful day... I am still having some problems with blogger but I think it may be getting better... Hugs and love my friend

Scrappin Sista said...

What a beautiful box!! I love to come and visit..can't wait to see the baby shower gift!!!
Have a crafty good day!

Besthobbyeva said...

Soooo gorgeous, I absolutely love it!! Wow!!! Your work always amazes me!

Laurie
serenityscrappers

Vicky Alberto said...

amazing project!

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous. What a great idea. I can picture different holiday dresses. Beautiful. I was having trouble on some blogs too but changed my settings and it's alot better. Thanks ;)

lisa808 said...

OMGosh, talk about being left speechless! This is jaw-dropping gorgeous!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my, how lovely is this!!!

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Audrey, This is beautiful. I love all the fabric you used. It is so satiny beautiful! I have some Christmas boxes I could do the same thing with...but not enough time. I have a birthday party invitations and decorations I need to work on.

Great job on this, I think it is lovely.

Debbie said...

This is so beautiful and elegant!

GabyCreates.com said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Audrey!! Love it! I am still thinking about your lipstick and purse project!! and I just noticed the vanity sets OMGoodness!! Love Love Love!!!!

DIANA L. said...

What a great way to use left over Christmas scraps and a beautiful and sexy project to boot.
I love it.

Moira said...

Such a creative way to use those! Well done :-)

Angi Barrs said...

Awww I just love all of the beautiful blooms. Have a happy weekend.

Karen said...

Beautiful. Love the flowers and ribbon!

The Archiving Angel said...

The box turned out so lovely.
I just got a kick out of your dressing up Christmas for Valentines Day. You are a clever lady.
Love ya,
Sonia
p.s. hope you got good results at the dr.'s.
stay well.
Always in my prayers.