Several days ago, I promised to make my friend Queen Pam a sampler embroidery project for pointing out to me that I didn't share an embroidery project I did for my son. As I mentioned, I hadn't thought to post the "project" because I considered it just that! More a chore than a creative, fun project.
This was initially to be a "token" embroidery project with Queen Pam's name; however, I started thinking, what's a queen without her crown and jewels -- right? So, I searched the internet and found a simple crown to embroider, added some rhinestones, and here's the project:
I've made these little bags before with other materials and they're great for tossing loose change or small toiletry/cosmetic item into; however, this is the first time I've embroidered (or sewn) vinyl and I'm not sure I like it too much for embroidery. I found the vinyl in the scrap bin at Walmarts for 60 cents and it was only about 1/4 yard (if that much). After I saw it is when I thought to do a little sampler bag for Pam -- worth a try at that cost, and if it didn't turn out... nothing lost. I pretty much put the bag together in about 45 minutes because I wasn't sure how it would turn out or if I'd like working with vinyl. I do think I'll be practicing working more with vinyl, and taking a little more time, to do these little bags and some bigger ones too! (Hate you can't iron it!)
Let me know what you think! I sure hope Pam likes it!