WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Saturday, August 21, 2010

TREASURE PROJECT 1: First Set of Cabachons

Hi, friends and family!!!

I'm back with the first of my found treasure projects I had an opportunity -- yeah!!! -- to start today!

I started with this set of cabachons:


I then grabbed some ribbon and and some wire and turned them into a flower, a bow, and a head pin:


And, these finally completed this family photo album:

CLICK ON PICTURE FOR A BETTER VIEW!

The book started from a plain photo album I purchased at a dollar store, removed the hardware from,  and covered inside/out using coordinating cardstock papers.  See here it is:


I added an old frame I had around the house, used some old lace to frame the book, added a few silk flowers and a rub-on to embellish!  Now I have a beautiful album ready for my first scrap page -- whenever I get the nerve to do that -- LOL!

Okay, so tell me what you think!!!

Well, stay tuned because, like I said, I'm on a roll!!!

14 comments:

Rose said...

this is STUNNING!!! way to use the found treasures :)

Jean said...

These are so nice!! I love all of them and think it turned out great. I think the bow is my favorite.

Debbie said...

Audrey this is gorgeous! I knew when I saw all of the stuff your found that you would put it to good use.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

wow...... I love those cameos! (cabachons... I have never heard that word before!). And your bows are perfect. Very pretty and elegant!

Ladybug said...

Another gorgeous creative project, Audrey. You never cease to amaze me!!! :-)

Kingston's Kreations said...

Amazing! These are just beautiful. You tie the best bows! :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Audrey, this is just gorgeous!!!!Love how professional and vintage it looks. What a treasure you have made with your treasures. Your grandma is smiling and so are we! xxD

Dawn said...

Oh my word girl this is stunning!!! I love this album and those cabochons were the perfect touch.
I just love this and won't this look beautiful sitting out for everyone to admire?

Sandy from Ukiah said...

OH that is just so BEAUTIFUL Audrey. I love those cameos (I am like Beatriz, I have never heard them called cabachons)... I am glad you finally got some time to play around with all your goodies. You are so amazingly talented. Sending BIG HUGS to you from Ukiah - I feel so blessed to have you as my friend.

flowerdisco said...

audrey...you rocked those cameos. I can't wait to see what else you make with the other findings.

Lori Apgar said...

Gorgeous!!! This cover looks amazing my friend! Your bow is just perfect!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a BEAUTIFUL bookk this turned out to be, and to think you just pulled it from scraps and the dollar store! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!

m said...

Beautiful!

Jodie R said...

Oh Wow!!!! Beautiful, Audrey! Simply beautiful!!