I have some exciting news! Today, I am a guest designer on Gaby's blog. The project that I am sharing with you today will be featured on her blog also, so you can hop back and forth, and double your pleasure--double your fun! Hee-heee!!!
Gaby is a new family blogger here at Cute and Some and she has a great blog, so please go visit; tell her I sent you, and enjoy all her talent she's offering!!! As I understand, Gaby will be presenting a different project from different designers every Monday, so we should expect to be in for some wonderful treats!
You know I have to have some kind of little catchy name for almost all my projects, so in honor of the Thanksgiving holiday I'm calling this one "A Well Full Of Thankfulness":
This little project was so easy and fun to put together. If you'd like to make the well you will need;
- Craft paper measuring 3.50" x 12"
- 2- dowel rods measuring 6" tall
- Use an old CD to measure a circle on a sheet of additional (matching) craft paper
- A tin biscuit or juice lid
- Styrofoam cut to fit the bottom of the tin lid
- Glue the styrofoam to the inside of the tin lid
- Wrap and glue the 3.50" x 12" craft paper around the base of the tin lid (cut off access, if any). This forms well base.
- Push the towel rods into the styrofoam side-by-side with about 2" between them and glue them in place
- Cut a slit from the base of the circle paper to the middle of the circle (example "A" below)
- To form the dome/top, hold the circle at each slit gently overlapping one end over the other and pulling them in until all the entire circular edge is even; glue in place (example "B" below)
- Glue dome to the top of the dowel rods
- Decorate any way you please!!!
Example A Example B