WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Monday, November 29, 2010

SOMETHING TO SHARE AND GIFTS!!!

Hello!!!  I've really missed all you wonderful people over the weekend and I hope your holiday was as beautiful as mine!!!  Of course I ate tooo much and rested too little, so my body decided it would make me take the "R&R" it demanded.  I feel so much better now!

Now that I think (and hope) my system is back on track, I'm ready to go!!!  And to start off, today is the day I invited you here with a hope that what I have will be a pleasant surprise for you!!!  But before I go there, let me share with you a few things.

Over the last several weeks, in between my blog projects, I've been playing around again with resins and utee (Ultra Thick Embossing Powders).  I gave out several as gifts to see how well they'd be received and everyone loved and was overwhelmed with them all.  I've even been requested to make some for purchases but I won't -- these are strictly for gift giving and for fun!!!   Here's just some of what I've did with resin:

I took this cameo and the crystal:


and made these molds from them:

Once the resin set, I popped out my replicas and here's what I created:


I plan on using these as box and card embellishments!  I've always admired cameos and have always wanted to do the decoupaged crystals but they are so expensive to buy; this way I now won't have to use all the few of these items I do have.  But, I didn't stop there!  I made these photo pieces which will be used for assorted jewelry, and I've quite a few more to do for a family photo cube (similar to Rubic's cube)!  Cool, huh?

Of course, I completed a several photo/personalized jewelry pieces too.  Here are some:  pendants, purse charm, bracelet, and initialed cuff links for my son:


These resin pieces are soooo much fun to make!  And I have plenty of beads, wire and jewelry makings; so I've already prepared molds ready for earrings, rings, Christmas card charms, embellies, magnets, pins and more!!!

Now I'd like to show you two (2) freehand pieces I made just playing around with utee.  I don't know how I'll use these yet but I can also see (and have many other ideas) jewelry and embellishments with these:


You might not have realized it, but this has all been an introduction to what I have in store for you -- (DRUM ROLL!) -- because I will be giving away 10 resin photo pendants!!! Beginning this Friday and every Friday in the month of December (the 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st),  I will select two (2) blog followers by random generator to receive one of my handmade photo pendants. 

Here are the rules:
  1. You MUST BE A FOLLOWER OR BECOME A FOLLOWER.  If you're aren't a follower and would like to participate, you must sign-up to follow me before the Friday of each random selection.  You will be eligible if you are a follower the week of - but before -the Friday before the drawing in that week.
  2. You must be WILLING TO EMAIL ME A PHOTO that you'd like in your pendant, or you can request I design your pendant for you.  (I will provide the selected persons my email address each Friday after the drawing.)
  3. You MUST PROVIDE ME AN ADDRESS where I can send your pendant.
  4. You MUST LEAVE ME AT LEAST ONE COMMENT ON THE THURSDAY BEFORE THE FRIDAY OF EACH DRAWING!  (IMPORTANT:  Your comment on each consecutive Thursday before that Friday's drawing in that week  is what will be used as your assigned number for random generator in order to be selected.  If there is no comment on the Thursday prior to each Friday's drawing, you will not be counted as eligible to win.
There will only be one gift to each winner; therefore, if you win once and then again for any additional weeks), another winner will be selected.

NOTE:  I will make all the pendants at the same time, after the last drawing on December 31 when all 10 candidates are selected; all pendants will be mailed out to the winners in the first week of  January 2011.

So, now that you have the rules, I look forward to making and presenting you with your gifts!!!

Again, this is my way of saying how grateful and fortunate I am to have you all in my life, and to thank you for following me, giving me love, support, and inspiration!!!  Good luck in the drawings!!!

In closing, I have several blog awards I must acknowledge -- I haven't forgotten!!!  I'll get to them as soon as I get back!  And, of course, I'm waaaay behind in visiting you... again!!!  So that's on my agenda too!

I'll be seeing you!!!

21 comments:

Stacy said...

Audrey,
What a sweet thing for you to do. Your pendants are absolutely beautiful. So glad you had a great holiday and are well rested.
Hugs
Stacy

Jamie Lane Designs said...

These are so adorable. You are so clever!!

Kristina said...

Audrey those are so beautiful! My favorite is the crystal with the image showing through, but they are all fabulous.

Hugs,
Kristina

Gemini-Heather said...

Those are so beautiful. I would love to have the patience to try something like that. You are so talented!!! Thanks for sharing and the giveaway.

Rhonda Emery said...

missed you glad your back and your pennant are beautiful. hugs

Dawnll said...

Oh my goodness Audrey- these are just beautiful!
I love how your mind works making all these wonderful gifts.
I know anyone would be thrilled to win one of your items.
Good Luck everyone!

shari said...

Audrey, Awesome creations!! I love the photo pendants, I'll definately be entering. Shari (cricutrookie)

Creative Genie said...

Hi Audrey! Just wanted to let you know I'm a new follower. Love what you did with the cameo and the crystal. Great ideas and just beautiful. TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well I am so relieved to see you posting, I was imagining all kinds of things... whew.. I love the one you made for me.. so I guess I don't get to win another one...lol

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Audrey, you are so talented!! Wow, what great stuff and those photo pendants rock!

I'm so excited about your giveaways. Glad you had a nice weekend, sweetie!!

flowerdisco said...

Audrey, since I am not that lucky when it comes to gambling....would you take orders?
You can email me with prices. I would love a tut too. Love them :)

Love you!

Jean said...

These look great Audrey!

GabyCreates.com said...

Audrey these are beautiful!
and I just read Sandy's comment so I would like her spot! smile~ Gaby

Unknown said...

These are fantastic! What do you use to make the molds for the resin? I'm sure you said - but I'm tired and easily confused! *LOL* Girl, I hear you about not being able to keep up. My whole family is sick - all fine, just runny noses, pain, and a LOT of blood curdling screaming coming out of my son. I cannot for the life of me keep up with everyone. I'm sure trying! I love to see everyone's creations :) Yours are always so original.

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, guys, and thank you all for entering!

Aymee, I've tried several mold compounds but the one by made Easy Casts seem to hold up best and go further. I did try the Mold and Pour, but you get so little for so much money and you really can't skimp on the compound when making your molds. Hope this answers your question. If not, I'm right here to ask again!!!

Hugs to you all!!! And, again, good luck!

Angi Barrs said...

Oh wow...what a beautiful handmade gift. You are so clever and crafty Audrey. And what an AWESOME giveaway.

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!!!!

lovemypaper said...

"WOW" Very nice gift.

MsJay said...

Love the pendants. Thanks for sharing.

Creative Hayes Creations said...

Week went by so quick glad i got to comment before midnight,lol. Just trying to think how i want mine made once in win, LOL.

- - Sheryl - - said...

love the gold and glittery one!