WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Sunday, February 12, 2012

A BOOK CARD!

Happy Sunday, everyone!!!  Hope you've had a wonderful weekend so far!!!

Wow, how wonderful that I've got several new followers!!!  Thank you so much for coming by; my family is a wonderful group and you should be quite comfortable with us!  We all welcome you and hope you enjoy yourselves.  In the meantime, I can't wait to visit with you too!

As you can probably tell, I'm feeling better today and can't wait to get started.  I've already began dropping by on some of you, and slowly I'll be getting to all of you.  I really wanted to get an earlier start this weekend but I've been having company dropping in and out to check on me, so that's taken time away from me.

Okay, on with the program... lol!  As most of you know, I don't claim to be a card maker; however, I've been wanting to do one of these book cards I've seen for quite some time now.  Being that the hubby acts like everything I try to do shouldn't be something I'm trying to do right now -- geez! -- he has "allowed" me to complete this stress-free card... lol!  It was a fun card to do although I know I could have been up for a bigger challenge than this...  lol!!!  Anyway, it's simple and not anything over-the-top, but I definitely enjoyed just doing it.  Here it is:


Didn't like the inside blank, so I gave that a bit of a facelift:



Well, I'm anxious to get back to some visiting, and more crafting!!!  I know I'm going to have to fight the hubby because he freaks out if I just look sideways at my craft stuff right now...lol!!!  If you read a newspaper or hear on the news about a woman doing injury to her husband because he wouldn't let her craft, pray it wasn't me... lol!!!

Be back soon!  Love you all, hugs...

I'll be seeing you!

24 comments:

Scrappin Sista said...

Audrey, your hubby loves you like we do and he only wants you to get better... so try not to bust his chops too much!! lol!! I love your card book, i have wanted to do one of these... i just have not gotten around to it!! lol! Glad to see you back... take it easy and REST!!
Big Hugs....
Alice B.

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Audrey, it's SO pretty! I love how you facelifted the inside too! So glad you are doing better and thanks for sharing the project! Don't be too hard on hubby... sounds like he is being very protective. Gotta Love that! Hee! Hee!

Susan said...

Hi Audrey!

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope the surgery helped and you will get back to 100 percent...fast! I know cards aren't your favorite but you really do such a beautiful job with them. Speaking of beautiful, that baby carriage was AMAZING! That must have been so much fun to put together! You are so talented at making those things that you really should sell them!


I finally broke down and went to the doctor. Actually, my hubby made the appointment and made me go...lol. I had to have some hand x-rays and blood test done and should hear something tomorrow. I'm sure it will come back more arthritis setting in, which is why I didn't want to go to the doctor in the first place! I'd rather spend the co-pay on craft stuff than to have the doctor tell me something I already know!! Oh, I'm starting to sound stubborn, lol! Hope your having a great Sunday my friend!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I absolutely love the look of this card!! It does look like a book...which I love!! The papers you used are just gorgeous!! Awesome, awesome card!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Judy said...

Oh, please don't hurt your DH! We are all happy to see you post a wonderful project and know that you are getting back "at it" :-)Hugs!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Tell Leonard i agree with him, he needs to keep his eyes on you.. we certainly don't want you over doing it... BUT i am glad to hear you are feeling better, and you definitely are a "card maker"... they are always so beautiful.. well everything you do is amazing... So happy to see you posting. You have so many wonderful friends Audrey... you were definitely missed on the boards... hugs

Jean said...

How pretty!

shari said...

Audrey, I'm glad your back at it, but you really should listen to your hubby and not overdo it. Thanks for stopping by to visit me, one of these days I'll post something to look at on my blog. I've been crafting just not posting. Your card is Beautiful!!! Take care, Shari (cricutrookie)

Dawnll said...

I am so happy to see you crafting but totally understand your husbands concerns.
You better take care of yourself.
Such a beautiful design and I am sure it is for someone special.Such beautiful papers.
Hugs sweetie

MsJay said...

Very nice. I really like the book card.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Glad to see you are feeling better! Beautiful project !

Norma said...

Hi Audrey:) I hope you are well:) Beautiful card and love that paper used!!
Hugs
Norma

girlia said...

Very pretty

Brenda said...

soooo happy to see you post again...was ready to put you on a milk carton...lol! you were missed...take it slow and praying for a speedy recovery.
love love your card soooo beautiful!
hugs
Brenda

Angi Barrs said...

Love your book card idea! So glad to see ya back. We have all missed ya! Hugs!!!

Treva said...

Audrey...you're too modest...your book card is great as your other projects, tfs...don't hurt DH he's only expressing his love, care and concern for you...rest and take care.

Rhonda Emery said...

I love your card and you! hope you are feeling better and hope you get to do more of what you love, but dont push it friend get better. hugs and miss you

Stacy said...

Sweetie,
I am so so so happy to see you back and to hear you are feeling better, that is such good news.
I love your card
Hugs, Stacy

flowerdisco said...

dear old friend...i still love you lots.
and i still love your projects too.
have a great v-day!
xoxo

Ana Márquez said...

Oh, it's so beautiful!!! Dear Audrey, this book card is terrific, thanks for showing it to us. Thanks for your lovely comments too :-D

Big hugs from Free Vintage Images :-)

.

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful glad to see your posting again and tell your Husband we miss your great and creative work - even though your feeling a lot better take care - we need you!!

Unknown said...

You are so good, I just love this book card makes me want to make one. Just remember that when you hurt so does your man. He is one with you and you with him. Keep up the good work slowly LOL. I love you Lady A have a bless weekend
Monique

Sherrie K. said...

Wow this card does look like a book. So creative Audrey! Sorry to hear that you had been sick. I have been trying to catch up on visiting blogs too. I was sick for about 2 1/2 wks and so glad I am feeling better. You take care and enjoying browsing your blog posts. great work as always!
Take care and have a great wknd!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Finally getting around to checking on you.This is so pretty Audrey. Glad to hear hubby is looking out for you but I hear where you are coming from. Tell him nicely that you need some craft therapy~alone, lol! Stay well my friend, Mary