WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

KIND OF SHABBY, KIND OF CHIC!

Happy Tuesday, everyone; I hope all's well.  Hey, I'm crafting so... I'm doing just fine myself!  LOL!

Here's a sneak peak of my project for today:


Why of course I'm going to show you the project!!!  LOL!!!  Just wanted to play with you a bit!

Over time I've rescued many boxes with no idea of what I'd be doing with them, because I so much enjoy creating my own from scratch.  However, the other day I decided to pull one of these boxes out to alter.  What also came out were my handmade molds, and some polymer clay to make the cherubs and the frame that would adorn my box; and also the embellishments I'd be using.  Here's a picture of how my altered box turned out:


This is the top of the box and the wording in the frame reads:  "What Shall Be... Shall Be":


Because this box was a deep dark red in color, I had to use 3 coats of gesso paint to cover it and, although you may not be able to see it, I lightly sprinkled it with Diamond Dust before the final coat of paint dried so that it would sparkle.  I litely sprayed the flowers with a rose color glimmer mist and dipped them in Diamond Dust.  The cherub on the front of the box I highlighted by deepening areas around it with more of an intense color and covered those areas with crackle paint to give it more texture.  I hope this is a better close-up picture for you:


I had a great time completing this project and I really like the results -- kind of shabby, kind of chic!  Don't you think?!!!

Well, I'll be around in a bit to see what you've been up to!  In the meantime, thanks for taking the time to stop by!!!

Hugs and, of course,...

I'll be seeing you1






28 comments:

Ana Márquez said...

Wowww! It's great! The angel is so vintage, and so sweet! I love this box, Audrey, very, very much! :-D Thanks for sharing!

Big hugs from Free Vintage Images :-)
.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow! This is just beautiful. Love the detail in this and the sparkle from the diamond dust. TFS

Dawnll said...

Wow!
That is one amazing shabby idea....I just love the size and that cherub.
Such a pretty way to "save" those containers.
Glad your on the mend and I know you are taking care of yourself-right?
Hugs my friendtntext unto

Rhonda Emery said...

beautiful is the word that comes in my mind. hugs

Jean said...

How pretty!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Yep, love that shabby chic beauty!!!

girlia said...

very nice

Lisa said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Wow, Audrey, this is so amazing!! Every time I see one of your polymer clay works of art, I feel like running to my craft room and digging mine out!! You are so inspiring!! I love this :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Yes I think, I love it. It came out very good

silvia said...

Fabulous box~I LOVE it to pieces!!
Thanks for checking in om me and I can't wait to get better so that we can meet up :)

Hugs!!
Silvia

Barb Turpin said...

This is so lovely, Audrey!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Simply beautiful...but i so hope you aren't overdoing it my friend. I just can't imagine doing something like this... what a wonderful talent you have. AND you are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends... you are a very very special lady. AND i am blessed to be one of those many friends.. So glad to hear you are feeling better.. hugs from ukiah

Norma said...

Hi Audrey:) Very beautiful !!!!!

Brenda said...

wow soooo beautiful!!!loveee seeing your work...you are sooo talented!!!
hugs
Brenda

Marita said...

Wow, what a gorgeous creation♥.
Love it♥.

Hugs, Marita

Angi Barrs said...

Super gorgeous. Love the cherub. :)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! My mom really loves angels so I might try and make something similar for her sometime :) Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa said...

WOW, that is gorgeous. The angel is so pretty.

Scrappin Sista said...

so shabby, so beautiful!! I love it, i have been wanting to try some shabby chic projects but i'm a little intimidated! lol! TFS!

lisa808 said...

Wow-gorgeous!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Beautiful work!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

lovemypaper said...

Wow so very pretty!

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Beautiful Audrey, your projects are always amazing! Cherubs always bring fond memories of my grandmother. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs!

Cricut Couple said...

Oh My Audrey! This is STUNNING! Holy Cow! Stunning!!!

Besthobbyeva said...

Audrey - simply stunning. Another wonderful project my friend!! Very chic! You did an amazing job with this. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Laurie
serenityscrappers

The Archiving Angel said...

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!
You just always put your all into your creations & they turn out spectacular.
Love this!

Lori m said...

Hi Audrey, this is just gorgeous, I enjoy your altered boxes very much. Beautiful work, I hope you feel better.

I have and award for you that I'd like to share over on my blog.

Hugs, Lori m
reflectionsfromgranny.blogspot.com

Treva said...

Beautiful box, great detail as always.