WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Gatefold Acrylic and Paper Card & Box Set

Happy Sunday, everyone!!!  Well, another weekend is winding down and I'm starting to get around better -- Woooohooooo!!!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend as it starts to wind down.  As for me, I was up most of the night tickering with this card -- still can't get the full cooperation of 2 of these fingers but I'm just happy to be crafting -- I have no complaints!!!  LOL!  Anyway, as I was saying I was working to complete this little project.   It's not much, but for me it was another accomplishment.  So far, I'm down 2 new projects!!!  Just a few days ago, I couldn't do anything!!!

This card is made from acrylic and cardstock, and it has a matching box.  I cut out the gatefold card  and letters on my E and just cut by hand the acrylic slightly larger to fit beneath the gatefront fronts.  I do not have a cut file for it, but you should pretty much be able to look at it and figure it out (just double-click on the image for a better view).  I made it into a Mother's Day card only because that's the nearest occasion and I figure I'll give it to someone to give to their mom on their special day.


Because the acrylic is cut larger than the card and extends the front panels forward, the card is able to stand alone as it's own display.  I wished I were able to embellish it more, but I still must be a little careful with glue and stuff.  However, you can betcha I'll really dress the next one up because I love the effect of this card.  I hope you like it.  It's simple but to me it's still elegant.

Well, that's it until tomorrow when I'll be back to announce and feature the contributors for the showcase.  I hope you'll all join me and the fairies in congratulating the selected awardees and all the contributors!!!  They all did an amazing job!!!

I'll be seeing you!!!

9 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh this is just beautiful Audrey... and I am so glad you are finally starting to feel better. hugs

- - Sheryl - - said...

wow! I had to click on the pic to get to see all the details! Awesome, and hope your two fingers will let you craft some more!!

hugs
Sheryl

flowerdisco said...

well, well...i am glad to see another of your creations. the colors you used are so elegant. prefect for the project.

glad you are doing better and thanks for the love...same here...right back at you :)

MsJay said...

Very nice. Love the glitter detail.

shari said...

Audrey, It's so good to see your creations again! I'm glad to see your hand is progressing. Beautiful card and box. Shari (cricutrookie)

sammi said...

As always, Audrey, Another great project!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey this is a stunning card! Love your use of Acrylic, it gives such a classy professional look.

2 Ducky said...

This is so pretty! Glad to have you back my friend!

DonnaMundinger said...

Beautiful projects, Audrey. The acrylic is fab! Don't know how I missed this except I sort of took the weekend off from craftiness and blog hopping to work in the yard and spend time with DH. So glad the hand is doing better. xxD