WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Primula Tea Gift Set

Happy Wednesday, all!!!  I hope you're all having a wonderful day, and that the weather and all else is just fine where ever you are.  Fortuately, today in Illinois the weather is just beautiful; I know it isn't going to last, but for today, it's great and I've very much enjoyed it!

Have you ever heard of Primula Tea? 

If not,  it's a green tea bulb that blooms into a lovely flower as it brews (and it tastes good too!).  Anyway, I have a relative who just loves tea and I decided this would be the perfect gift for her on her birthday. 


The 3-d cup on the top of the gift box is the creation of  "Nickiscardstockcreations" and I found it on her blog (thank you, Nicki).  The paper cup is actually holding 4 packs of tea bulbs. 

I drew and cut the out  the gift box (on my cricut using the George cart) to hold the glass cup.  I etched the cup with my relative's name, and to bring out the name, I rubbed over the etching with silver "Rub n' Buff". 

Now isn't this a great gift for a tea drinker?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a WONDERFUL gift!!! Your so creative!!! She's going to love it! I love how you etched it and the little tea-cup holding the tea bulbs is precious! I know I can always come to your blog for inspiration!!! :-)

Brenda said...

OMGOSH I have NEVER heard of that tea...no way...really?! a flower blooms when brewed?! I have to do a google search on this!!
LOVE your etched glass and your cup holder awesome gift!!
hugs
Brenda
sorry I been MIA life has been kinda crazy lately!!!

Joy said...

Oh Audrey....what a wonderful gift !!! Love the etching!! I have never heard of that tea either....but I will be looking for it now !!! TFS!!!
xoxo Joy

**Treefrog** said...

Oh My Audrey I was just doing some blog hopping today and wanted to check to see how you were doing and looked at your archives and seen the post on tea and clicked and Love your etched tea cup and card. So cute and neat idea but I want to know more about this "blooming" tea. I like tea in the after noon and this looks interesting. I never heard of it before and would love to know where to purchase it. If you could tell me I would appreciate it. TIA and I'm going to leave my #49 again but please let me know where I can get the tea.
Theresa K #49
mccadesmom at gmail dot com