WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A BABY BIB CARD WITH MATCHING POUCH ENVIE

Hi, guys!!!  Well, I'm back again to share a little project.  I've seen different versions of this card on the internet and I finally have an occasion to make one.

Have you noticed how many expectant mothers there are around?   Wow!  They're everywhere I look!!!   Lots of lovin' going on -- LOL!!!  Well, my neice is one of these expectant mothers!  As you can imagine, the whole family is excited and so happy for her!  We haven't had a new baby in a while.

I got a phone call from her (and my notice about it in the mail) last week, so I sat down last night to make and have a card ready for the 'special" day.  She and her hubby live in Philadelphia, Pa., so I think I'll be planning a vacation to see "my brother" (her father) -- lol -- around the time the little bundle of joy makes his/her debut!!!

I had such fun with this card because I'm really loving working with these cricut pens!!!  I'm so excited about them, I've ordered a new set of the newer/updated ones -- the housing in the newer ones are suppose to be able to hold specific size pens you can readily buy from any office supply store cheaper than the cricut pens.  I can't believe I've had these as long as I have, and just didn't get around to using them until now.  Can't wait for the new ones to arrive because some of these are kind of dried out.  Anyway, here's the card and pouch envie:


Here's a shot of the inside of the card:

LOVE-LOVE these cricut pens!!!

Isn't this a cute card?  I found the little rattles that are dangling on the end of the card at a party store about a year ago.  At the time I didn't have any plans to use them but grabbed a hand full of them for "just in case..."; fortunately, I remembered them to use on this card!  I usually forget little things like this until I just happen to run across them.

Because it's just a simple circle card, I didn't provide a cut.file; however, if any one needs the cut.file just leave me a comment and I'll post it for you!

Now, again, don't forget to register your crafty creations in Showcase #5.  I put a direct link on my sidebar to make it easy for you to get to, just in case you didn't see my last post.  The fairies and I are expecting a grand "GRAND FINALE" for the last showcase in the series of showcases.

I'll be seeing you!

16 comments:

RobinJ said...

That bib card is too cute! I've never seen it before and thanks for the inspiration with the cricut pens. I have a pack that I bought when I got my Cricut about 1 1/2 yrs ago and I've never used them.
Hugs, RobinJ

DEBORAH said...

Really nice bib card, and you know that I'm really into baby things right now! TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Cute-Cute-Cute. Isn't it fun getting ready for a little one, they add so much joy to the family.

Jess (aka Sparksgal) said...

This card is adorable!!

Scrappin Sista said...

very cute!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

That is so cute Audrey. AND I have the cricut pens that I have used once.

shari said...

Audrey, Your card is adorable, I might just have to scraplift this for a shower I'm invited to. Shari (cricutrookie)

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you, my friends!

And, shari, scraplift away!!!

Sandy and RobinJ use those pens, they are so much fun!

Barb Turpin said...

Hi Audrey, I did finally get your RAK yesterday when I got home from work...so many goodies! Thanks so much!

Your baby bib card is adorable, love the lace and the little rattles!

flowerdisco said...

too pretty Audrey. you are the imaginative lady here...not me...My ideas don't come as easy, lol.

what pens are you talking about? I just bought the cri-kits but haven't used them yet.

Let me know more about them :)

Stacy said...

Hiya Audrey,
This is such a cute card. I love that you added the lace to it, such a nice touch.
Stacy

magicwanda said...

Oh Audrey
What a CUTE CUTE CARD!
I love it....Hugs Wanda:-D

DonnaMundinger said...

Awww, is this ever precious Audrey! Love the little rattle detail. Hmm... need to get out my pens. Thanks for the inspiration. xxD

Unknown said...

Audrey this is adorable!!! Simple shapes but a very elegant card!! Congrats on your new "excuse" to visit your brother :o)

So happy for you!!

- - Sheryl - - said...

adorable!!! what a simple base card - a circle! but I love your added lace and details. I recently found my box of lace I had lost - or misplaced!

paperscissors said...

this card will be treasured by the new parents as a beautiful keepsake!