WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

BOTTLE CAPS AND TRANSPARENCY?!!! WHO'D DA THUNK IT!!!

Happy Tuesday, all!!!  Well, believe it or not, I'm back again!!!  How rare is this for me -- two projects in one day!!!  I certainly hope you all joined me and liked my Haunted House Trick and A Treat Tote project over at Pam's today.  I had so much fun doing that little haunted house tote!!!  And, if you did, thanks so much for stopping by!!!

This project that a bit of an oddity; but I know I'm not the only one whose mind runs this way, so I won't feel too silly telling you this.  I love fruity waters and it's mainly what I drink.  Earlier today I was sitting down today just staring at a bottle of one of my favorites:


Why?  Because I go through cases of this stuff a month!!!  And I was thinking and figured for as much as it costs me, I should be able to get something else out of it other than just a drink!!!  LOL!  I literally drink about 7-10 of these a day, if not more!!!  So, I'm looking at it trying to figure out what the heck I can do with it.  Suddenly something about the bottle cap struck my attention and bells go off!!!  I ran to my craftroom and grabbed a leftover piece of transparency off my work table; opened another bottle of water for the cap (and, of course, to drink) and came up with this:


It's a little container that reminds me of one of those test-tube type bottles you buy for candy; doesn't it?  I simply just added double-sided tape to one end of the bottle cap and rolled the transparency around it into a tube; used double-sided tape to seal up the back of  the tube and used the other cap as a top! 

Well, naturally, I had to dress it up and decided to add Christmas potpourri to mine instead of candy (didn't have any anyway, lol!):

Again, like with my window card, it was hard trying to snap a good picture because of the transparency, but I think you get it.  Anyway, it just didn't seem complete, so I added a matching gift card:


And to think, bottle caps and transparency!!!  You can't see it but I decoupaged a Santa that matches the card to the top of the lid bottle cap.  I think it came out okay!  How about you?

While I was visiting my friend Dawn, she mentioned an "anything goes" challenge, so I'll be entering this project over at Top Tip Tuesday's challenge.

Oh well, I'm off again!  Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be seeing you!

16 comments:

Dawnll said...

Girl your mind is unbelievable I can't believe you came up with this wonderful thrifty idea.I am so glad you joined the Top Tip Tuesday blog and shared another great project
Hugz my friend

flowerdisco said...

audrey...i love your creativity. you are so good at making things. you come up with the best ideas and you are so clever.

Look at both projects for today...amazing!
get yourself a pat on the back from me.

love you!

Jodie R said...

Oh wow! That is so creative! The possibilities are endless! Your card is beautiful too!

~BridgetL~ said...

I like the way your mind thinks. I would have never thought of that. I would still be staring at the bottle. LOL Turned out pretty cool. :) hugs

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh I can't believe how creative you are my friend, you are so amazing. I love it, who would think of this but you.. what an awesome idea, and it turned out so cute

Blue6366 said...

What a wonderful idea.....TFS

Dennis said...

I love all the wounderful things you shre on your bolg.. And thanks for the commnets on the News letter, I`am so excited.. Thanks again girl

Kristina said...

I love the way your mind works! That looks great.
Hugs

Michelle said...

That is sooooooo clever! I am going to have to try this. What a neat idea!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

How cute is this project! Very creative and clever......

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a creative mind you have my friend. I would never have thought of doing something like that... cool, just too cool! TFS

Kingston's Kreations said...

You are so clever! What a neat idea and a great way to recycle! :) I love the santa on your card too. The potporri and card will make a really nice gift.
Wendy

Anne said...

So creative, another great project
Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday
Hugs
Anne

Jean said...

This is so neat! I love how it turned out. Such a neat idea.

Caroljenks said...

Wow this is amazing.....and I thought I was 'Mrs Thrifty'!!! Great idea and one I will be borrowing ;) (I drink a 1.5L bottle of water a day too!)

Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

DonnaMundinger said...

Honestly girl! You are sooo clever! xxD