WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Sunday, October 31, 2010

TRICK OR TREEEAT!!!

Happy Halloween Sunday!!!  Hope you're having a beautiful and happy day!!!

The hubby and I had a great time at the parties!  I know I ate waaaay too many sweets, and I was so tired when we finally got home!!!  Everyone loved the Trick and Treat Haunted House Totes too!  I just wish we didn't have to attend another party today!  I hate thinking I'm going to miss seeing any of the little "trick or treaters" in their cute little costumes -- hope they all come fairly early!!!

Update on my friend, she's still not back in her home and there isn't yet an expectant date as to when she will be!  They're still trying to locate a place for her with the comforts that she's accustomed to but, so far, everything they've had available was so small and would be much too cramped with what was left of her clothing, furnishings, etc.   Hopefully, they'll find something very nice and large for her soon!  I'm praying they will!  In the meantime, she's doing so much better and calming down considerably.

In the meantime, I have a Christmas card I made to share with you.  I put this card together this morning with one of the resin embellies I posted a couple of weeks ago:


If I hadn't explained, when I posted this embellie (and I don't think I did)  I used a biscuit tin lid for the embellie.  I glued a sticker to the inside bottom of the tin, added some red Stickles to highlight the hollies and then around the edges, and I then filled the lid with resin.  Just before the resin had dried completely I stuck in the little metal reindeer (if you can't see him, try clicking on the photo to enlarge and see if that helps).  Once the entire piece was dry, I outlined the outer edge with gold Stickles!  Since I already had this embellie completed, it was a cinch to just put this card together.  If you like this, save those biscuit tin lids!!!  You can also pour melted UTEE over an image and get a similar effect.

Well, that's it for now.  Not sure I'll have time to get in another project between the little "Halloweeners" and the party later this afternoon, but...

I'll be back!!!  Have a happy Halloween day!!!   

20 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh Audrey - this is fabulous! What a great idea to use the tin - and that resin embellishment is so sweet! I love this! Hope you get to see some trick - or - treates!!!
Melissa

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

How beautiful...I love all the texture.

Happyyyy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tanya said...

Great Christmas card Audrey :)

Teresa Kline said...

what a gorgeous Christmas card....so elegant! Thanks for stopping by and for the sweet, sweet, comments...it truly blesses me to inspire others, thank you for sharing...have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Do What You Love said...

Audrey, what a fantastic idea and great way to recycle - this is a beautiful Christmas card. I love that bow - it really stands out! I'll have to remember to get some bows for my boxes I'll have to make. You sound exhausted but fun exhaust. :-) Another party tonight - woohoo! That's the way to party! :-)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful card my friend. Love your work! Happy Sunday!

Stacy said...

Audrey,
I love it. As usual, you did a fantastic job!
Stacy

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Audrey Audrey, how cute. I am so amazed every time I stop by your blog, you are one talented lady. AND I am sure they loved the bags at your party. Hoping you get to see the trick or treatises before your next party. You little social butterfly. I will keep your friend in my prayers. hugs

Wende said...

Love the "recycle" part of this! Truly very clever and so pretty. Happy Halloween and I look forward to see all your Christmas creations!

Jean said...

Very nice!

shari said...

Audrey your Christmas card is beautiful, how you come up with these ideas. Awesome! Shari (cricutrookie)

Snowmanlover said...

Very cute, I had not heard about your friend. I hope everything is ok. Barb

"Um Buggin" said...

Love the Christmas card Audrey. I must try that idea with the UTEE. So glad you had a fun time at the party, and hope you got to see the little ones tonight. We didn't have a lot of trick or tr-eaters tonight. Have a great start to your week my friend. Catcha soon.

Rhonda Emery said...

wow a pretty christmas card.

Norma said...

Audrey, what a pretty card and a great idea to use the tin:)
hugs,
Norma

lovemypaper said...

Very nice card so very pretty!

Kathryn said...

Hi Audrey,

Love the card, but went to the grocery here in Cali to see if I could find the biscut with the clear plastic lids. We either don't have them or I am more blind than I truly thought. LOL

Can you give me the name of the brand you are speaking of. I showed this project to my daughters Art teacher and she thought it would be a cool card the children could make for their parents for Christmas.

Thank you so much,

Kathryn
wamfamily at surewest dot net

Barb Craft said...

You are the most creative person when it comes to packaging!! I love coming here for ideas!!
bArb :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that is an amazing handmade embellishment! I have thought of playing with resin many times, and bought a set of molds, and then never got the rest of the supplies. I've never seen something so elegant, maybe I'll have to go purchase the rest of the goodies to try it. I'm sorry your friend still hasn't been properly relocated :(

DonnaMundinger said...

That embellie is FABULOUS and the card is sooo elegant! Obviously I've been missing soo much here. October about did me in! xxD