WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Saturday, October 2, 2010

HAPPY WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!

Hi, everyone and a happy day to you all!

It's so funny... what I thought would be a nice relaxing weekend with the hubby away has turned into anything but!  With family/friends knowing the hubby is away for the weekend, I've been bombarded with "you're okay?" telephone calls and others just dropping in to check on me.  So, I've done more entertaining than relaxing!  You know how that goes, right?  Company comes over and, of course, you have to offer them something and chat for "spell".  It's not that I don't appreciate being so well thought of, it's just that I didn't plan my weekend this way -- heck, I didn't plan a weekend at all, I was just going to let things flow naturally.  I should have known!  Knowing the hubby, he probably told everyone to make certain to check in on me as if I'm not a big girl who can take care of myself.  Guess that's one of the many reasons I love him!!!  At least Buster is loving all the attention!   Ooooh, well... 

Anyway, considering what today is (and that a BFF has already called to say she'll be dropping by), I just couldn't go through the day without possibly having the opportunity of making one card, so I thought I'd better try to at least get one card done today before anyone (everyone?) started dropping in.  So having had my eye on some gold transparent paper I've had for sometime now, that I wanted to play with anyway, was my starting point.  As I didn't have anything specifically in mind to do, I wanted something quick, clean and easy, and able to do with just what came to mind as I went along.  My quick and easy card:


The card reads:  "Prayers go up; Blessings come down".  Because of the sentiment, I thought the praying hands embellishment would make a nice final touch.  This card was completed in no time, so I might even have some time to get in another card before company comes -- lol!

Well, I hope you're all having a wonderful card-making day today and having loads of fun!!!

I'll be back!

18 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Just beautiful, I don't know how you always come up with such adorable projects... I am sorry that your weekend didn't go the way you planned, but how blessed you are with so many wonderful friends. AND thank you for your sweet comment about the box... I so wish I could be more creative. :-( hugs

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Your card is stunning! Love the papers. TFS

Angi Barrs said...

Love the sentiment and the colors. Hope you have a Happy Card Making Day!

Anonymous said...

I love your card first time on your site

I will be visiting again to see more crafts.

thank you

fergie

Carol L said...

Very beautiful and elegant! love it..

Sweet hugs,
Carol

flowerdisco said...

Audrey...you call this card an easy card? it looks like a golden treasure that took you hours to make. Love all the gold and of course the sentiment.

I was out most of the day with my son activities. They had a competition/show today and it has been a busy day too.

Hopefully you still have tomorrow to relax and enjoy yourself.

Hugs!

Do What You Love said...

Audrey, what a gorgeous card. I love the embossed front as well as the flap. The praying hands is a great addition too! Is that top circular piece embossed too? Did you make the envelope - it's so pretty! Glad you had a chance to get creative in between people checking on you; that was nice of them. :-)

Rose said...

well this looks far from "quick and simple" girl! i see STUNNING!!!
how nice to have so many "check up" on you LOL sorry you didn't get a weekend to craft up a storm. maybe next time??? ;)

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous, Audrey! Hee hee,no getting into trouble while hubby's away! xxD

MsJay said...

Very pretty card.

Ladybug said...

Beautiful card, Audrey! Enjoy your week-end, no matter what you're doing! :-)

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you all for your comments and taking the time to drop by, and comment.

Terry, to answer your questions, yes I did emboss the circular piece and used my Nestabilitis to cut it; I made the envelope too. All the embossing was done using the Cuttlebug -- this really was an easy and quick card!

Hope you're all having fun this World Cardmaking Day!!!

~BridgetL~ said...

must be nice to know how loved you are. I would love it if family and friends dropped in on me to make sure I was ok. but I would also like the time to create such stunning cards as you do. Hope you get to enjoy sometime to craft tomorrow. :)

Melissa said...

Audrey, this card is breath taking! You did an amazing job.

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Audrey, this is a beautiful card. I love the saying you put on the card. The praying hand were a great addition.

The envelope is adorable, did you make it also?

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This is soo lovely! Great colors.

Jean said...

Beautiful Card!

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous, and that is a really neat sentiment. I've never heard it before. My mother would really love that one :)