WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A TRICK AND A TREAT HAUNTED HOUSE TOTE

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!!

This is the project I'm presenting over at Pam's today and I will also be entering it into the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge.  Unfortunately, I found out when I was posting that several of my tutorial pictures corrupted, I don't know how, so I am going to do this tutorial as best I can with what I have.  However, if any steps seem to be missing and/or something isn't clear, please comment your questions to me and I'll be happy to answer them.

I waited until the last minute because I really wanted to do a Halloween project in keeping with the Halloween theme eventhough I don't have the "Happy Haunting" cart.  I pondered ideas but only came up with this just last evening when I ran across a witch  on the "A Child's Year"  cart.  This gave me something to work with and so I began constructing my project.

This is a Haunted House Tote.  The complementary characters represent the trick, but inside there's candy and gum -- the treats!  I'm calling it a tote because I've added a handle to it so that you can pick it up and carry it.  Here are pictures of the finished tote opened and closed:



Doesn't the skull through the window look scary peering out?!!!  LOL!

These are a couple of close-ups of the inside of the tote:




Now, I'll show you how this tote came together.  I first cut out all the parts from the cut.file I created, and next I scored, folded and glued the tote and the boxes to complete them:








After I'd constructed the tote and the boxes, I starting adding all the elements: the candy and gum to the boxes, a skeletal frame to the coffin box and a few more embellies and accessories I purchased at a local Dollar Store:


To keep my tote closed after it was completed, I simply added these small magnets which snap together on the front end flap and back end panel; but velcro will work as well:


Now that m done, I'm thinking what a great centerpiece this would make at a Halloween party, and the DH and I have been invited to quite a few, soooooo...  all I have to do is just grab it by the handle and go:



How fun is that?!!!

If you're interested in the cut.file to do your own, I've provided a cut.file download below.  The carts used for this project are:  George (tote and boxes); A Child's Year (witch); and, Plantin Schoolbook (word "Beware").

Well, again, I hope you like my project!  And, as always, thanks so much for stopping by!!!

I'll be seeing you!








25 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey what an awesome project! Don't you love how we can use our equipment and make anything we can think of? Your project is wonderful. TFS

papillon digital design said...

Oh My! how cute is this? Love it!! What a brilliant way to use the gypsy and look at the yummy goodies inside. You are oh so talented!!! Thank you for sharing! for agreeing o be a designer in my bog and a Big HUG!!

The Cropping Canuck said...

Way cool! It would make a great dinner party gift! I love the creepy skeleton peeking out.

~BridgetL~ said...

wow, wow, wow, How did you come up with this idea? I wish I could be as creative as you are. This would definitely make a great center piece. Have fun at all your parties :)

**Treefrog** said...

Very Imaginative girl, Love it! And all the little Knooks and Kranies you added with all the little surprises are great. Very nice little Halloween goodie bag tote, Anyone would love it!

((Hugs)) Theresa

Angi Barrs said...

What a cute & spooky house. Love it:)

shari said...

What a great project! How do you come up with this stuff Audrey? Great job. Shari (cricutrookie)

Dawnll said...

This is hauntingly adorable!How wonderful of you to share the cut file .
I love the bones in pieces, that is so funny.
I would take off that big "BUG"...I hate bugs but would probably still open to get the candy! LOL
Wonderful job as usual my friend.

- - Sheryl - - said...

fabulous - I love three D creations! you did a great job! Love the peek - a - boo skeleton too!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Audrey how clever you are, this is just too cute, I love all the details you have added to it, it just couldn't be any cuter. hugs

217 Creations said...

Audrey! This is so clever! I love your design and decorating! Great Job! Hugs!
Elizabeth

Barb Turpin said...

Cute little witch! I have that cart...need to get it out and play!

jen said...

WOW what a great job Audrey!!! You put so much time in to this project... well done. Was that your software on your computer? You didn't use your gypsy for this? It seemed really hard to make ...lol
You are so creative... Thanks so much for sharing. Awesome job.
hugs,jen

Dawnll said...

So glad you got to enter this fab project.
Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. this week

Unknown said...

Thank you for the file. I am not good at creating, but I can follow directions so I am forever thankful to the artists like yourself who are willing to share. Great tote!

Jen said...

Look At You!!! Welding and creating your own haunted house and turning into a little tote with some little inside boxes and such!
Love it!
Keep up the terrific creativity.

Jen said...

Oh, and i didn't see if you mentioned it in your post, you should also enter this in the BittenByTheBug2 Haunted House challenge!! :)

Leanne said...

WOW, not only a fabulous creation, but also a fabulous tutorial!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday - remember, you can add up to 3 entries for our Anything Goes challenge!

Good luck!
Leanne xx

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Box, Purses, etc. post on Oct. 20, 2010. Thanks again.

Anne said...

Spookily clever project and what a great tutorial, thanks for sharing.
Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday
Hugs
Anne

Unknown said...

That is really, really cool!!

Jean said...

Audrey, I LOVE this!!!!

Norma said...

WOW this is super cool love it!!!!

Caroljenks said...

What a great project - Love it!

Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Anonymous said...

WOW you are one talented lady! Thanks I will be making these next year for sure!!