WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A "GENTLEMEN ONLY" GIFT BOXES AND CARD PROJECT

Hello, all you wonderful people!  I hope, although it's "hump" day, today is coming along fine for you and that you are all well!!!

I have a project today I made especially for several challenges:  the Week 21,  Black & White Anything Goes Challenge and the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge.


This project would be great for Father's Day, a male graduate, or just for a special guy you just look up and admire -- for me that's my hubby!  He inspires most of the gift ideas I have for men:


This set includes two (2) boxes:  the shoe and the hat; and a card.  I inserted a pair of socks into the shoes for this demonstration, but I can think of also a tie, a nice hanky, golf balls, etc.

Here is a close up of the outer card and the inside:



I found the shoe image on the internet and copied it.  The shoe on the front of the card I enlarged to size, cut it out, and added 2 coats of Glossy accents for dimension; then I  pop-dotted it to the card.  The smaller shoes I just inserted them on the front of the card in Microsoft Word.  The shoe on the inside, I used a photo editing program to remove/erase the color from inside the shoe so that I could insert the sentiment; I saved the image and then inserted it onto the inside of the card in Microsoft Word.

Well, I hope you all like this gentlemen's gift trio!!!

I'll be back, so I'll be seeing you!!!

35 comments:

Erika Valdez said...

This is so awesome, your creations are wonderful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Audrey you are always coming up with the cleverest ideas... I love your shoe (and card)... so creative my friend. hugs

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Audrey - you are a clever lady!!! Love this! Great idea and I love the card too!
Melissa

Dawnll said...

Unbelievable my friend! This is just so classy and fun. I actually love the hat a lot. You have been so busy, I am thrilled to see you enjoy so many challenges.I thank you for joinng Top Tip Tuesday again this week.

Do What You Love said...

WOOOO! Now that's what I'm talking about! I just love it like mad! It is the coolest - I'm talking the absolute COOLEST!! Girl, you go! You are just ultra talented! Every time I come here you have something snazzier than the first! The shoe you made is magnificent - very stylish, very elegant and such a gentleman kind of thing! I love the hat too and yes, a fantastic masculine present for any time of the year. Oh and the card - you really pulled the top off because it is awesome - love glossy accents - I thought it was photo paper that had all that shine - you go, girl! Audrey, you are all that and then some!

Rose said...

very clever!!! men are so hard to create for and this is such an awesome idea :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

this is just too cute..... love it!!!!! You are so creative my friend!!!!never cease to amaze me with your talent and ideas....

"Um Buggin" said...

Oh Audrey! What a fabulous mens gift! I love the shoe, the box, heck I love the entire setup. You are so clever my friend, and I'm so glad that hubby gives you so much inspiration. Keep them coming! TFS

Hugz, xx

~L~

shari said...

Audrey, You're amazing, I don't know how you come up with these ideas. Shari (cricutrookie)

Leanne said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday - Good luck!
Leanne xx

Maggie's Crafts said...

Brilliant gift idea. :) Thank you for sharing and joining us at TTT at http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

Maggie

x

Stacy said...

Audrey,
Hey, I am still busy doing the dvd's for the kids, but wanted to stop by and see how you were doing. This card is so nice. I really love the sentiment.
Hugs
Stacy

lovemypaper said...

Aydrey,OMG this is to cute.My DH have those shoes!TFS

Angi Barrs said...

You have outdone yourself. This is simply amazing. I love your creative ideas:)

~BridgetL~ said...

Audrey, you just keep coming up with some of the cutest projects. Where to do you come up with them. Im glad you share them with us :)

2 Ducky said...

You got me with the gentlemen only thing. Didn't know 'what' I was about to open. LOL! This is fabulous! Just fantastic. Adore the shoe. And yesterdays transparency roll was amazing as well. How creative are you?!

Unknown said...

Love this!!! What a great Father's Day gift idea!!! Where did you find the template??

Mimi6 said...

Audrey, you are so talented - I love your shoe...

Treva said...

Audrey, you are an awesome crafter; you come up with the most amazing ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

What an awesome project Audrey. Love that shoe and hat. WOW, so creative. Great job.

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you all for you comments!

Lori, I knew I'd get asked about the shoe template. I wish I could take credit for this but a friend did the cut.file for this shoe. I would love to share it, but I don't have permission to publish it, and she doesn't blog --she sells her items in her shop. I really had to beg to get this! BUT... I'm definitely working on designing my own cut.file to have -- and to share! You WILL know when I have it done!

Audrey Frelx said...

Oops!!! I don't want to get into trouble, so let me correct my above comment and clarify -- I'll be "redesigning" my own cut.file for a man's shoe.

- - Sheryl - - said...

fabulous! I was reading my blogs in Google reader and saw this wonderful creation!!!!

flowerdisco said...

audrey....fabulous job and good luck.

Snowmanlover said...

Audrey this is amazing! Thanks for all of your help the past few days!!!

Carol L said...

Audrey, This is so nice! A perfect gift for any guy, I'm sure your hubby is a happy man ;0). Have a blessed day my friend!

Hugs,
Carol L.

Anne said...

Wow another amazing project, you are so creative Audrey! This is something special
Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday
Hugs
Anne

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! So stinkin' cute :)

Rhonda Emery said...

this is really a cute shoe seen lots of heels but never any mens shoes. love it.

jen said...

WOW you are so talented!!! This just blew me away!! Just super awesome job!! Love it!!!
Thanks for sharing.
hugs,jen

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! You are so creative and talented!!!!! Love the shoe!

Jean said...

I love this Audrey!! It is so neat. The shoe is just great!

Lynne said...

The shoe and hat boxes are fantastic, absolutely love them, great work and matching card too. Thank you for joining us over at AG. Lynne xx

Caroljenks said...

Wow what an amazing gift set for the man ...or men ;) in our lives!

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

DonnaMundinger said...

AMAZING!!! I adore this! So tough to do cool stuff for the men in our lives! xxD