WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Thursday, October 7, 2010

A PRETTY LITTLE CD/DVD WALLET

Hello, everyone!!!

For today's project I made a CD/DVD wallet with my little neices in mind.  I  thought of how, when they were here this summer, they were always plugged up to their Walkmans listening to their music, and they'd brought all their DVD movies to watch.  Although I made this wallet for my girls, it can easily be adapted to suit anyone.  This one reads: "Believe There's Magic In Music".  Here's what mine looks like on the outside:

And these are pictures of the CD/DVD wallet open and filled with CD's.  This wallet will hold 6 comfortably:



As I'm no good with copics, I stamped my fairy, colored her with water color pencils, applied Stickles all over the image, cut it out then covered it with Glossy Accents to give it more stability, and pop dotted it onto the cover; I used my Nestabilities for the labels.  I typed and printed the sentiment from the computer, and pop dotted those on too: 


Okay, now I'll show you how I put it all together.  First I cut out 2 pages of the envies from Page 1 of the cut.file.  This will give me 4 envies:





Next I cut out the wallet cover and closure from Page 2:



These pictures will show that I folded and glued the envies; and next folded the wallet cover aligning the folds along the slits on each side of the cover:  


Next I attached the closure to the back of the wallet cover, added velcro to secure the wallet when closed, and ran a strip of tacky tape down the back of each of the envies:



I removed the tape liner from the first envie and attached it to the FRONT of the second envie; I I did this until all four envies are attached but I DID NOT remove the tape from the back of the fourth envie yet:


Once all four envies are attached, I then removed the tape from the fourth envie and attached it to the back of, and aligned with, the inside fold of the wallet cover:


And here is what it looked like:


The final step was to decorate it (did I mention I added velcro to the closure?!)!!!  And that's where I'm going to leave you on my project!  Why?  Because I have provided the cut.file below for you to complete this wallet and decorate any way you like!  If you are interested in using them, there's a Page 3 of the cut.file for decorative panels for the wallet covers closure flap, and a Page 4 with the word "Believe". 

Anyway, you have the basics to do your own -- have fun if you do!  However, if you do, it would be nice if you'd link back to me;  I'd love to see what you can do with this!

Have a great day, and ...

I'll be seeing you!


30 comments:

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This is such a great idea! Love it.

- - Sheryl - - said...

Wonderful gift and project! Nice to protect what we love.

Stacy said...

Audrey,
What a cool project. I love it
Stacy :)

Kristina said...

Awesome project. Wow , you must have put a lot of time into designing this. What a really great gift idea.
Hugs

Angi Barrs said...

My daughters would absolutely love this. That Fairy is so cute. I will have to try this. Thanks so much for the great tutorial.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Audrey - I just love this idea! So cute and so useful! Great project!
Melissa

Smacki's Place said...

thanks so much for sharing your beautiful designs with us. you make me look good. you are my new found scrappy friend. nice to meet you.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Audrey as I said over at Shelia blog, this is just too cute. I am always inspired when I come to your blog, just wish I had some time to try to make some of these ADORABLE things you are creating. Thank you so much for sharing your hard work. You are always so generous with sharing your .cut files. Thanks you so much my friend.

Dawnll said...

Oh my friend this is just adorable! I love how sweet this turned out. I want one in pink myself. And I love a fairy and that is just perfect.I bet your nieces will love this gift.
Thank you so much for sharing the file, I hope to attempt to make one or two myself.

Do What You Love said...

Audrey, what an incredibly wonderful project that your nieces! This is a beautiful way to keep their CD/DVDs in place! I love the pink papers you used and that image is great - you did a fantastic job! You are so creative! Thank you for posting how you created it - it's just too gorgeous; makes me want girls -- haha...maybe my next grand baby will be a girl! :-)

Jean said...

This is so neat Audrey!! I know they are going to love them.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This is fabulous! Thank you for sharing such a cute and useful project. Love it! happy Thursday my sweet friend!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey this is just BEAUTIFUL I love it. The color is just awesome and I love the little fairy! Thanks for such a wonderful project!

Kelly said...

This is so awesome Audrey, I love it! Thanks so much for sharing your talents and creations with us!

Snowmanlover said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

This is just fabulous! You come up with so many practical ideas for the cutest storage and easy transportation of items. What a great gift this would make for almost anyone who loves either movies or music :)

Mimi6 said...

Audrey this is so beautiful. I love all the work that you do! Keep posting those wonderful cards and projects!

Debbie said...

Audrey I just saw this over on Sheila's blog! Your are so clever! This is absolutely precious. I'm sure your little nieces will love it!

Kingston's Kreations said...

Audrey this is just amazing! I don't know how you create so many cut files. I am just not good at that (that's why I am really glad you post yours!:). Your work is just outstanding. This is such a nice elegant way to store CD's. Your fairy is so neat and sparkly! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs to you my friend,
Wendy

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

That is awesome!!!!!

Brens Designs said...

Audrey, this is beautiful!!! Love it!

Camila's Mom said...

Hi Audrey! This is my first visit here with you and I'm SOOOO glad I found you! You're work is gorgeous and sense of style is very refined. I'm now following you on Facebook to make sure I don't miss anything you do :)! Can I ask a somewhat silly question? You are offering a cut file for this project. How do we know what cartridge to use? I'm new at this! Thanks!!!!

Barb Turpin said...

Great gift idea! Love it ~

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Box, Purses, etc. post on Oct. 08, 2010. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this! I have some cds that I need to burn and send overseas to some friends and family. This will be the perfect way to send them. Have a blessed weekend!

Rose said...

this is beautiful!!
is there anything you can't make girl?? :)

Wende said...

So pretty, Love that little fairy. You are so talented! Fab job as always!

Pamela Levingston said...

This is going to be a wonderful gift. Your work is so lovely!

Curt in Indy said...

What an amazing project you've created. This is gorgeous! And what an awesome tutorial too! You are one talented lady! Excellent work! Best, Curt

Ladybug said...

What little girl wouldn't love to have that! It's adorable!!! TFS the cut file!! :-)