WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Saturday, October 16, 2010

DID YOU KNOW...?

Good evening, everyone!  Hope everyone is having a fun and crafty weekend!

Today I was revisiting and thinking of  things I used to do that I haven't done in a very long time. And the few things that came to mind you guys  probably already know about;  but if you don't or just in case you'd forgotten, I'd like to share them with you.  One is that I actually used to make my own rub-ons from transparencies.  Now, they're not the best transfers as are the store bought ones, but if you're in a pinch it will get the job done for you.  Here's a quick example of a tranparency rub-on I did to show you:


This isn't anything new by a long shot and transparency transfers have  more rustic look -- this one even more so because it's large.  But, for some things I really like this look, depending on the project.  And, it is something to keep in mind if you need a quick but simple rub-on in a jiffy. Just print it out and rub it on!!!  Oh, and words need be be printed in reverse for this.

Another craft I used to do was lots of molded plaster items and t-shirt transfers using this stuff:


God!  Do you guys remember Faster Plaster?!!!  I was in love with this stuff!!!  Because I have so much of  both it and fabric transfers just laying around, I decided I wanted to see if the fabric transfer would work on plaster, so I molded an ornament with the plaster and transferred a picture -- and it works!!!  Now my sample here isn't very good because I got overzealous and didn't allow the ornament to completely cool before removing the transfer, so if you try this please let your project cool completely before removing the transfer:


I think I'll do more of these, personalized for Christmas present tags, and cover them with varnish for a nice gloss!  Add a bow and it'll be a gift on a gift!  And, I'm going to try it other materials too to see what kind of results I'll get.

And lastly, I'd purchased some multi-colored glitter glue.  I normally don't buy glitter glues unless it's Stickles but the colors were so striking I thought I'd try them: 


Hated them!!!  I've gotten so spoiled to Stickles whereas other glitter glues dry so flat and loses a lot of the glimmer and sheen.  Well, not wanting to throw them away, I decided I'd see if I could use them to make embellies which can be used on cards or something -- you scrapbookers can even probably use them in your scrapbooks; create your own design!.  What I did was spread the glue and made some swirls on a sheet of waxed paper.  The glue I spread out, once dry, I realized could be cut, punched, reshaped -- now my mind is really reeling!!!  Here are some of my samples I did in a hurry just to test:


Isn't that teddy bear cute?!!!  Now that I know I can do this, I'll be a bit neater the next time I try it and more creative.

Now I'll leave you with a little tip you may or may not know; you can add a few drops of vinegar to white glue, mix it well and paint it along the sealing edge your handmade envies to create a lickable glue seal! 

 Just thought I'd share; that's all for now!

I'll be seeing you!

16 comments:

Ladybug said...

Audrey, those are fabulous!!! TFS!!

Ya know what?? You just twigged my li'l memory of how I used to make cards, which I'll share on my blog shortly. Just have to make the dang card, first, tho. LOL

MsJay said...

Love it. I have never tried to do you own transparency anything. I would have to try some of these. Thanks for the tip.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Audrey you are such a inspiration. I so love coming to your blog to see what you have been up to. I hope your ear ache is gone now... I love all of your awesome projects. I woke up this morning at 2am (because I was worried I wouldn't wait up at 5am) drove on to Rocklin and had the best time meeting new friends. But now I am really tired, it's 12:55am hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

More cool ideas! You really are the "go to" girl for unique and fun stuff! thanks, hon! xxD

Rhonda Emery said...

thank you for all you share. and a big thank you for your vote over at jitterbuggin challange.hugs

The Cropping Canuck said...

A likeable glue seal? I had no idea. TFS!

jen said...

WOW this is awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing your great ideas with us!!! You do have some fun ideas... Thanks again for being a faithful follower. It means a lot.
hugs,jen

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Audrey, you rock! Everything looks great. I love how you are always trying something different! Hope you are feeling better :-)

Uniquely Ella said...

Great ideas Audrey. I'll have to try the rub on idea. I know, I love Stickels too. Thanks for the great tips.
xxx
Marlene

Jamie Lane Designs said...

How fun! You always find the coolest techniques! TFS!

Lisa said...

Awesome projects Audrey. I must say I have never tried the transfer method with transparency but that looks like fun. You are so creative. Love the projects. I'm with you on stickles, I bought other glitter glues and stickles are by far the best. I love them.

Ohhh Snap said...

I love these experiments! TFS! :D

Unknown said...

Audrey ~ your brain is always spinning isn't it?!? Mine too :P

Love your glitter glue idea....might have to try it!

Unknown said...

You figure out such fun things for everyone! I love how you used that glitter glue. I could see myself having fun with that idea :)

Gail said...

Hi Audrey
I am not updating my blog like I should. Thanks for stopping by. Your work is always so beautiful. I hang out at scraps of color. Friday night they have challenges.
Have a nice week. Gail

Jean said...

Great tips.