WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Monday, October 18, 2010

A VICTORIAN-STYLE CHRISTMAS CARD

Good evening, friends!  I hope everyone had the happy and crafty weekend I wished for you!

I have a card I made to share with you, however, because the card has layers of transparency which reflects/attracts light, it was extremely difficult to get a decent picture without a glare; so I hope you can, at least, get the gist of this card.  It is a 3-D, 3-layered window card of a vintage Santa with an angel behind him, they are set against a victorian-style home Christmas scene:


This is a close-up which may give you a little better visual of the layers on this card:


I got all the images for this card from the internet by googling Christmas pictures.  For the wintry scene, I added ivory color Flower Soft to enhance the appearance of the snow, and I added Stickles to highlight the light in the windows and to bring out the shadows.  This card really came out beautiful.

And, believe it or not, I will be entering this card into several challenges:  http://www.christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.com/ and http://www.christmasstampin.blogspot.com/.  As you know I don't enter many challenges so I'm pretty excited about it.

Well, I'm the team designer for Pam tomorrow, so I'm off to work on the project I'll be sharing for that.  I hope you will all join me either here or at Pam's, and I do hope I see you.

In the meantime, I hope you like my card!

I'll be seeing you!


18 comments:

2 Ducky said...

So elegant Audrey. Stunning!

Carol L said...

Beautiful!!! I love the image, I can't believe you got it from goggling. lol. I hope you have awonderful day ;0).

Hugs,
Carol l

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Audrey it's beautiful. Good luck with the challenges. I can't wait to see what you are creating as the designer over at Pam's blog. hugs

jen said...

Audrey your card is stunning!!! Absolutely incredible....what a fantastic creation you have there. Thanks for sharing.
hugs,jen

Dawnll said...

This is just stunning my friend! I love the Victorian Santa one of my favorites for sure. I would love to see this in person.I bet it is more beautiful then it looks in pictures.
Will check back tomorrow to see what you have created.
Sorry I was so sparse this weekend and missed commenting.
Hope your feeling better
Hugz to you

~BridgetL~ said...

what a lovely card, I am starting to like vintage the more I see it. Have fun with your challenges.

flowerdisco said...

see how beautiful your cards are. this one is a super stunning card. TFS I love it. :)

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Audrey I absolutely just LOVE this!!! It is so elegant, beautiful, and love the Vintage feel to it (and I LOVE Vintage!) I bet it looks absolutely amazing in real life so if you want me to be absolutely sure about that you can send it my way to make sure, LOL!
Have fun with the challenges, they are fun every once in awhile aren't they!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Tanya said...

Really beautiful! :)

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Wow, Audrey, that is gorgeous! I love the scene and your layers and embellishments just shine!

Angi Barrs said...

Love that beautiful image. You did a terrific job on this.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful card, so unique. Love it.

"Um Buggin" said...

Oh Audrey, this is beautiful! I couldn't really see the angel until I saw the second shot. It looks so real, and the scenery is just stunning. It really reminds you of an old fashion Xmas. Good luck on the challenges, I know you will nail them. Looking forward to seeing what you create for Pam.

Hugz, xx

~L~

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful! I know what you mean.... pictures do not give justice to the beauty of the work. It still looks amazing... thanks for sharing!
I am back after my 4-day trip to the beach... it was awesome!

IslandV said...

WOW Audrey you really did it with this card! Very nice!

downrightcrafty said...

What a gorgeous creation just perfect for our challenge at Winter Wonderland, and hope you will join us again on Friday for our next challenge too, in future would you be so kind as to link your entry to your post and not the blog itself, as this makes it easier for us to locate your entry to allow us to comment on it
thank you
Hugs Kate xx

Barb Turpin said...

I adore old world Santas! Beautiful job Audrey!

DonnaMundinger said...

Beautiful Audrey! LOVE the vintage look! xxD