WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Monday, March 1, 2010

The "BOUDOIR" Chair

Happy Monday, friends.  I am feeling so much more refreshed today!  I hope your day/week has started well, and be progressive.

Typically when I go to Walmart or the Dollar Store, I pick up assorted inexpensive gift boxes.  I normally decoupaged and/or decorated them to put gifts or candy in as gifts, or use the larger ones for storage.  I know you've seen them, they look like this:


Well, several years ago I decided I wanted to do something differnt with them because they still looked like "hat" boxes to me, even dressed up with embellishments.  So, I recreated them into chairs, filled them up with candy or toiletries, and gave them out as gifts.  This year I decided to bring back my box creation for Mother's Day. 

To create the box, I removed the lid, cut off the rim and manipulated it a bit to become an atttached back, then cut out another cover-lid from chipboard .  I then padded all the pieces with foam, glued all the parts together, and covered it with material, lace, and beads.  This is what I came up with:


Just for a visual, I placed some peppermints on the inside, but I really wanted you to see it open with it's newly attached lid in place:



I call it the "boudoir" chair because it reminds me of a victorian dressing-table chair.  I think it looks so feminine and it really made a nice gift presentation.  I'm glad I'm letting it make a comeback!!!

Please leave me a comment letting me know what you think of it!

Now I'm off to try to work some more at getting a video together you -- an ongoing battle!

I'll be seeing you!

14 comments:

Kristina said...

Audrey, I love it!! If you ever get the video thing figured out PLEASE make a video of how you made this. It is a fabulous idea for gift giving.
Hugs,
Kristina

MsJay said...

That is HOT!!! Great for Mother's Day.

Cindy McVey said...

OMG....talk about thinking "out of the box!" This is stunning Audrey!

Also, I got your award. Thank you SO much! I was very proud to receive it. It's on mmy blog now with a link to your blog!

Toni said...

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS !!!!!!! what a great job

flowerdisco said...

Audrey-Audrey what a beautiful project. You are very very creative Love it!

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you. I am so glad you all like it eventhough it isn't anything cut on the cricut. Whenever I get a simple video up and going, I will try to do this too. However, it's pretty detailed and will have be done in probably more than 1 video, but it is easy.

I'm trying to find a way of posting the video without going through YouTube, I understand there is another way; besides (LOL!!!) Flowerdisco has me scared now that she said it too her 6 hours to upload...my God!!! LOL!

Ladybug said...

Hiya Audrey,

I really enjoy visiting your blog and looking at all your creations.

I have a Blog Award waiting for you on my website.
http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/

**Treefrog** said...

Audrey such a cute little chair, who would have known! It's so nice to see how everyone's mind think's "outside" of the box (no pun intended LOL) Who am I kidding, yes I did LOL!!! Too Cute! TFS
Theresa K

Carrie said...

That is fantasic!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is adorable! How did I miss it? Oh I see the date... I was busy all day scraping and never looked at the computer until late. This is lovely! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Fern said...

Audrey, this is absolutely gorgeous!! You are just soooo creative!! I would love to learn how to make these. XXX

Anonymous said...

Dear Audrey, first, I'm so happy to have found you but now I know that I have lost you to your beautiful crafts. I wish I lived a block away from you! You would have to push me out every night. Your Victorian Box is absolutely "delicious" and so beautiful.
Love you lots! Eva

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Eva,no! You haven't lost me! If I'm lost in crafts, I'm lost in it with love, family, friends, living, life, all of my extended family here... Come baaaaaack!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey there, all. Thanks so much for all your beautiful comments! I will eventually get to doing a video, but I'd gotten so frustrated just trying to do a simple one on making the substitute for the FlowerSoft that I'm just taking a break from riddling with that darn camera right now - LOL!