WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Monday, March 15, 2010

Strappy Shoe and Bag Set

Happy Monday, all my friends.  And, welcome new followers.  Glad to be here with you all, and I hope you're all well and had a wonderful weekend.

You know when I got home yesterday, although it wasn't my original intent, I was going to sneak on and take a peek around, and say hello.  However, because I'd mentioned to the dear hubby (who knows me sooooo well!) that I was going to take a break that when I did get home I didn't have a keyboard to my desktop and my laptop had disappeared -- and so had the hubby!  He had hidden them and left because he knew I'd throw a tantrum!!!  His desktop and laptop are both password protected, so that eliminated my doing any visiting or anything else!!!  He said he did it because he knew my back really needed a break from sitting at my computer all day and that I -- yes, me -- was "hard-headed" and would never give myself a rest.  You see, several years ago I had back surgery, but I'm fine -- really!  But he's the worrying type.  Admittedly I was a bit tired, but don't you think that was my decision to make as to how long a break I needed?  He always tells me "everyday is Christmas" but apparently yesterday wasn't!  Anyway, I can never stay angry at him because he really is a big ole sweetie and always has my best interest at heart -- even when there isn't cause for alarm.  But I was really upset!!!  Now that I got my keyboard and laptop back, I can laugh about it.  Yep, I'm absolutely hooked on being a blogger -- move over Sandy!!!  LOL! 

What I'm sharing today is the second template I received from my friend.  This one is a  little strappy shoe.  The shoe is the template, I just quickly threw the purse together by hand.  Also, I was prepared for someone to ask where she bought these templates (and someone did), so I asked her.  The templates were purchased from http://ebay.co.uk/.  She says to type in "Cardmaking" in the search bar.   They have templates available for auction and some for immediate purchase, and she placed bids on both of these.  I'm not much of a fan for making on-line purchases from places and/or sellers I'm not familiar with but she's had really good luck with lots of things from ebay, so I think I might consider risking it.  By the way, before you make a purchase on this shoe template-- look around a bit.  I'm pretty sure I've seen it before on other blogs or somewhere on the web for free; don't know where because I wasn't much interested.  But, if you are, just look around first!  Besides, it's simple enough to do by hand as opposed to spending money for it.

Anyway, here's the set:



Another view:




I used an old pair of earrings for the embellishment and I do think it's cute.  I could really come up other ideas for designing it too, but the problem I have at the moment is what occassion I'd give or use this for -- suggestions, please!!!  Oh,well... I'll probably come up with something later.  Anyway, I've finally completed both her gifts and she'll be happy.

I am going to work on cut.files for both the gazebo card and this shoe, but it may be awhile because I have several other things I'm trying to get to first, and you may not want to wait.

Well, I'm off to finish Sunday dinner and then I think I'll hop on over to check out that ebay site too.

I'll be seeing you!

17 comments:

Kristina said...

Beautiful set. Love the strappy shoe. Did you use velvet paper on those? It looks like velvet anyway. I have a .cut file on my blog (somewhere you'll have to look around) for a shoe but it's not a strappy one it's an open toe high heel. Hey, a girl's gotta have choices :) I'll see if I can find a direct link for you.
Hugs,
Kristina

Lee Ann said...

This set is just wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you Kristina and Lee Ann. Yes, I used velvet paper; thought about doing another with some faux leather paper, but I don't want to waste paper and I don't know what I'm going to do with it. At least with the closed-in or closed-toe shoe, you can stick a little gift inside the shoe.

Kristina, I'll have to come search out that shoe cut.file.

DonnaMundinger said...

My goodness this look REAL, Audrey! What a fabulous set. Great for a girlfriends b-day or such. I'm really a shoe freak so this is right up my alley. LOVE it! (I'd murder my DH if he hid my toys, no matter what his intentions. LOL He had to buy himself a new one because I took over both his laptop AND the desktop. OOPS! xxD

Melissa S said...

They are both so cute Audrey! I think they would make great table decoration for a bridal shower or maybe a birthday fashionista. Thanks so much for the kind comments on my blog. I'm doing well and can't wait to get crafting again.

Audrey Frelx said...

Donna, don't think I didn't feel like murdering him -- yesterday!!! Fortunately for him, he had the good sense to disappear! LOL!

paperscissors said...

here's a link http://www.ellenhutson.com/servlet/the-5148/Ellen-Hutson-Shoe-Template%2C/Detail to ellen hutson where i downloaded the template for the witch's shoe on my blog! your's is stunning! glad you forgave your dh for caring about you! ebay! wow! your search is limitless when you have a notion!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Audrey I thought it was a real shoe...how awesome is that... LOL I don't think you can top me with blog hopping... lol.. I am supposing to be cleaning and here I am.. but I am almost done with my cleaning (and of course when I am done it will be time to start all over )

flowerdisco said...

I love that sandal....never saw anything like it......looks so real......and you had the brilliant idea to put those earrings on them for the final stunning touch.

Audrey Frelx said...

Thanks, guys. At least I pleases my sweet friend. Now I can't wait to get back to doing something with my own spin on it. These were okay, but the work was pretty much done, so now I'm off to have some real fun!!!! Figuring out how to work on a project and make it my own!!!

I'll be seeing you1

I'll be seeing you!

shari said...

Audrey, This is so pretty. You always do such different things, they are beautiful. Shari (cricutrookie)

Olive Juice Studio said...

You could always make a matching shoe to wear while resting that back of yours - of course, your feet would have to be propped up on pillows or something because you wouldn't want to crumple your heels! LOL! Gorgeous shoe - it looks so real!

Toni said...

wow that is great , i love the stuff you make everything is so original , its great

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These are adorable.... my computer is in the hospital so I am trying to get around today at WORK to see what I have been missing! Love it and had to look acouple of times as they look like the real thing!

Carol said...

OMGoodness ... I am in love with the purse and shoe set ... this looks totally awesome. At first glance, I thought they were actually real and you were showing us your latest purchase! BTW ... I am really enjoying the music on your blog ... it makes me want to stick around for a long time and just relax, listen to the wonderful sounds, and view these delightful creations! =)
Hugz,
♥Carol♥

Scrappin Sista said...

YOU ARE AMAZING LADY!!!!! THIS BLOWS MY MIND!!!!!I LOVE IT!!!!

Cin said...

Love this set and will chk back for the cut files on this set. Great Job. Love your blog too.