WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Friday, March 12, 2010

TUTORIAL FOR A CARD? A BOOK?

Hello friends!  In advance, I'm wishing you all a happy weekend on this Friday!

As so many of you were interested in the "card/book?" project, and because I don't yet again feel like "fiddling" with trying to do a video, I am doing a tutorial for you.   Although it may seem like a lot of steps, once you complete the first card, you'll realize just how really simple and easy it really is.

I've outlined the score lines in ink so that you can easily see them:

1  Start with an 8.50"x8.50" sheet of paper
2. Score at 4.25' (half)
3.  Turn paper and score at 4.25" again; then score at 5" but only to the center score line; it will look like this:
4. Turn paper to look like the picture below

5.  Now, from the bottom score line (middle) cut up to the center score line; next, cut off bottom section to the right up to the 5' score line.  It will look like this:
6. Next, cut off the each end of the tab to look like the picture below (make certain you cut off enough from the inside tab near the triangular fold that there isn't any bulk when you close your card/book; if there is, cut off more from the inside tab)
7.  Take right inside edge of bottom left-side panel and fold up aligning the outer edges; next fold up the tab on the right side.  You'll have this:
8.  With tab and triangular fold going into the inside, fold the center score line to form the card:
9. Now, open the card and stand it up to look like this:

10. Next, lay the tab down flat; unfold the triangular section flap with outer edge laying of top of tab, and glue edge to flap

11.  Almost there!  Turn card upside down and gently push down on the score mark towards the inside of the card:
12.  Stand card back up and complete the other three (3) cards the same way.

13.  Take two (2) completed cards and put sides facing:

14.  Glue these sides together.  You now have a front and a side panel.
15.  Take the other 2 cards and glue them together in the same way for the back and side panel.
16.  Glue the front/side to the back/side and you now have the card/book?  Decorate as you'd like.


Suggestion:  To hold it together I've used a ribbon to tie it closed, but you can also use a belly band or any other preference you may have.  It's also best to decorate each card before gluing them together.

Easy, huh?

Hope you have fun with this!!!  Let me know how it comes out; Id really love to see what you do with it!  Oh, and please don't forget to let me know how I did on my first tutorial!!!

I'll be seeing you!

14 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I can not wait to try this! Thank you for doing a tutorial for us!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

That is so cute, hoping I can find some time to try to do one.. Thank you for sharing...

cuttlebug_fan said...

Thanks for posting the tutorial.

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo Audrey! Thanks for the tut! Will be spending alot of time here while I try it! LOL Fabulous! xxD

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow. This is just too cool. I love how you laid this out so easy to understand. I think I can do this. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Audrey Frelx said...

You're all very welcome!!! I'd love to see how you do on this project!

Scrappin Sista said...

very pretty, i might have to give it a try... thanks for sharing!!!

flowerdisco said...

Audrey...where do you get all these nice project ideas? You never stop to amaze me. wow!

Big Hug and I hope you have a great weekend too.

Fern said...

Audrey, this is absolutely AMAZING!!! I'm so sorry that I have been MIA, but I have been trying to get my DD's Baby Shower Invitations done so that I can mail them out Monday. And trying to keep up with my Design Team responsibilities... But that is no excuse not to visit my blog friends!! And Audrey, I have to say, you are just about the most talented lady I know that can do soooo many different kinds of crafts!!! I love visiting you to see what you're up to!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!! XXX

Audrey Frelx said...

Thanks to all of you for your comments, I appreciate them.

Fern, not to worry! When I don't hear from my friends, I just hope that all is well. I'm relieved to know you were just busy and nothing to worry about!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Cutting category today [13 Mar 10:54am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Jess (aka Sparksgal) said...

Hi Audrey - Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial. It looks like it would be very easy to follow...will have to give this a try sometime. I hope to be able to do some crafting tomorrow - have had some issues at home this week so I haven't been in a crafting mood. Hope you are having a great weekend!

SiSi Sparkles said...

I love that it's so different from other cards. I just stumbled and found your blog :) I will definitely be sharing this tutorial with my readers.

Brigit said...

Audrey, I love this card, it's beautiful. I'm definitely going to make this. TFS!