WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cute Little "Flip Top" Tissue Box For Your Car

Good evening, all you wonderful people!  I'm a bit late getting here this evening but "better late than never", right?  As it goes, I had another day of running aound to do this afternoon and tomorrow doesn't look much better; I have to take Buster to the vet for his annual check-up/shots and to get him groomed.

Anyway, I do  have something to share before I start to retire for the evening.  If any of you are like me, you buy tissues to put in your car; however,just when you need them, they're on the floor, under the seat, behind the seat or just somewhere not easily accessible.  Also, if you're like me (and I hope you're not) I can't drive and search the car for tissues, so I'm hoping this will help me and, hopefully, you too.  I made myself this little "flip top" tissue box!  I'll pop some velcro on the bottom attach it someplace on my dashboard.  Or, you put velcro on the back and attach it to your visor -- that's a thought!  But now, I'll always have my tissues on hand!  What I really like is that it's not quite disposable, at least for a while; you can just buy some more tissue, pop them in the box and your ready, set to go!

Here is the tissue box closed:

Here it is open:


I cut up a layer of one of the tissues and used it to decoupage the box so that it wouldn't look so plain for you -- but of course you know I didn't wait to let it dry before I took the pictures.  I really wasn't trying to complete a completely finished product anyway because I'm still working on the cut.file and I know I'll do this box all over again;  but I thought it looked cute enough to introduce. 

If you like it,  I should have the cut.file ready for you in the next day or so, just watch for it to appear under "Available Cut.files" on my side bar, or look for it under this post.

I hope you like it!

I'll be seeing you!

11 comments:

flowerdisco said...

I am getting that cut file girl! that is mighty clever.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh isn't this pretty, Audrey! Great idea. The tissues are almost too pretty to use. LOL xxD

Toni said...

that is so cute , you come up with the most inventive things

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Very good idea.... love it, this is something we can all use. I know I have the problem of trying to find... where do you find such fancy tissues!

Lee Ann said...

That is too cute and a wonderful idea!!! I am just like you, I am always hunting for kleenex in the car and can never find where they rolled to this time... LOL!!! You are so creative! I can't wait for the cut file so I can make one for my car!!!!

Stacy said...

Ok, Audrey. What is your secret? Where are you getting all these great ideas from?
Can I borrow your brain for the weekend, I need to do a few projects. I promise you will have it back by Monday. LOL
Great work as usual,
Stacy

Scrappin Sista said...

What a wonderful idea, that tissue box is very cute!!!!! i love how you matched the colors of the tissue to the box perfectly!!!!!

Ladybug said...

What an adorable box! Beaut. tissues, too! Love the Gesundheit on it!! :-)

Fern said...

Fantastic idea and beautiful to boot!!! You need to patent some of these wonderful creations!!! I'm like you, Audrey, when I'm driving I can never find the kleenex box!!
I just might have to give this one a try!!! Thanks again for sharing your brilliant creation! XXXX

Treva said...

Whata neat idea, tfs!

Char said...

I made a few of these. They turned out great. I'm going to link to your site on my blog (gonna try anyway).