WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"GOD IS..." Unfolding Card

Good, happy Wednesday!!!  Hope you are all well!

Last night I was just sitting looking at a sheet of card stock I had folded into quarters to cut into 2 card blanks and as I was looking at the sheet an idea starting formulating in my head.  So, I cut up the middle of the cardstock to the center and started playing with folding it.  Well, wouldn't you know I came up with an idea I liked?!!!  It was for a very simple card but something (I think)  different -- and I do love different.  "God Is..." was the first thing that popped into my mind as I discovered I liked this particular fold, so I decided it would be either a sympathy card or another inspirational card.  I don't know why I had that specific thought, but I'm glad I did because I pretty much like how this card turned out and I feel the sentiment is perfect and would bring a smile to someone who is feeling a bit "under the weather".

I apologize that the pictures aren't very good but I just couldn't figure out how to get a good picture with the card being made on mirror cardstock.  No matter how I turned the card the mirror paper reflected as a mirror would and picked up some distorted images.

Here is the card:
This is the card open:


This is the card being unfolded:


I added a band on to keep the last page from opening and as an embellishment.  The frameon the band is where I plan to place my name as the giver of the card.  Here is the last "unfold" opening the last page(s) of the card:


The last page is a pop-up with a flower tucked inside.  And, like I said it's so simple -- one sheet of 8.50"x11" mirror cardstock, fold into quarters, cut down the middle fold to the center, fold, and wal-la!!!!!  I really like it and I hope you do too!

HEY!  It just dawned on me -- this is another "two for..."!!!  Two cards in one!!!

Well, off to do some run some errands and stuff, so I'll be back later!

I'll be seeing you!

P.S.  Helen and Sheila, I finally got your game RAK in the mail!  Please let me know once you receive it.  Thanks!

20 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is wonderful.... your mind just doesn't shut off does it? Thank you for yet another great idea!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Now isn't that the cutest card ever. You are so darn creative. LOVE LOVE it.

Stacy said...

Audrey,
Ya did it again. That card is beautiful. I was just about to leave ya a message cuz I haven't heard from ya in a few days. I was concerned.
Glad to hear you are doing well.
Great card
Stacy

shari said...

Audrey, Your card is beautiful! How do you come up with these ideas? Shari (cricutrookie)

Fern said...

Audrey you are just AMAZING!!! What a beautiful creation!!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!! XXXXX

magicwanda said...

Hi Audrey
What a beautiful card.....
I love that paper so pretty
Hugs Wanda:-D

Kim said...

How very clever of you!!! There's so much you could do with a card in this design too! Love it! (like usual!)

Ladybug said...

Oh, Audrey, this is absolutely beautiful! Love, love love it. Did I mention that I loved it? (tee-hee) Seriously, love all the folds, sentiment, just everything about it!

Enjoyed looking at it, whilst listening to Kenny G, too! ;-)

Lee Ann said...

Audrey, this card is just beautiful!!! You are so creative! I came and looked at this at just the right time too... I have had a couple of horrible days this week and looking at your card just made me smile and gave me hope of a better day today! Thank you so much for sharing it!!!

Unknown said...

Audrey ~ this is gorgeous!! Would love to tap into that creative brain of yours!!

flowerdisco said...

I am practicing that one today if I have time. Painting time again, Dh's painting time I mean....hehehe

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW! How cool Audrey! Leave it to you to come up with another super fab folding idea! Looks like another thing I must try! Thanks for your gorgeous inspiration! xxD

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you all for your comments. This card was so simple, I didn't think it would be so well received, but I'm so glad it was because I particularly liked it.

XOXOXO!

I'll be seeing you!

Treva said...

Audrey,
The card is beautiful, you did a great job as usual. Thank you for sharing your talent!

paperscissors said...

love it! are you kidding about being well received...all of your creations are inspiring to your followers! this mirror cardstock, where do you get it? i have yet to see it in canada! thank you for mailing my blog candy and i will certainly let you know when it is received!

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you all!!!

Paperscissors: Fortunately, mirror paper isn't hard to find here, it's in most stores even Walmart; however, QVC and/or HSN usually has some too. If that doesn't work for you, you can type in "mirror paper" on the internet and find craft suppliers that sell it. If you have a difficult time, let me know and I'll find a reputable dealer for you; I've had to do internet orders when I've wanted gold and/or silver or even black because they aren't so easy to find as other colors. I don't order much on-line, but there are several places I do trust for craft my supplies. Anyway, like I said, let me know if I can help you.

paperscissors said...

thank you for the info re:suppliers on line, i'll check further as there are only two scrapbooking suppliers in canada that i have used in the past and they do not carry it! if need be i am attending a conference in april and some people are going across the border to shop...i may give them my wish list and a set budget!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Paperscissors: I'm going to check, I'm pretty sure the U.S. suppliers I've used ship to Canada. I'll let you know; you shouldn't have to wait until sometime later in April!

Brens Designs said...

Wow! Amazing card! I love everything about it. Beautiful!!!

Susan said...

This card is stunning! I love the fun of unfolding and unfolding - isn't that the way God's plan for us works? Unfolding bit by bit?