WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Saturday, March 20, 2010

MUSICAL EASTER BUNNY BASKETS

Well, happy Saturday!!!  And, I truly hope the weather where you are is much grander than it is here!  Today, the temp is in the 30's and there's a rain/snow mix.  Good golly, Ms. Molly!!!! Yesterday, it was 65 degress, and bright and sunny-shiny!  I'll be so glad when Spring is here to stick around for a while.  But's it's a great day for crafting!!!

I want to share with you today a couple of cute little guys I made for Easter.  One is for little Buster (the blue one, of course!  I'll fill it with all his favorite treats) and the other will be to sit on my table filled with goodies for guests.

I used to make these every year for Easter but over the last several years it has become extremely difficult to find the material used to make it, which is called loopy chenille.  I usually have to order it now that I can't find it in the stores but then the suppliers don't always have the pastel colors; they have red, black, etc -- not too cute for this particular basket.  The only upside to not be able to make them as much now is that I don't have burned fingers from the glue gun like I used to.  These baskets require almost a whole package for just one basket -- uuurgh!!!  And, you can't escape getting burned!  But, they're pretty easy to make.

The baskets are plain Easter baskets and I cut the handles off.  I then cover the basket with the loopy chenille and place a musical box under the tail before attaching it.  Buster's music box plays "Peter-Peter Cotton Tail" when you push the tail (there it is tucked between their little paws) and the other plays about 3 or 4 different Easter tunes.  The head is a styrofoam ball covered in loopy chenille and the whiskers are wire that you buy on a spool like thread.  The loopy chenille has wire in it, so for the ears, you just fold them up and glue them on!  And, because there's wire in the loopy chenille, you csn bend the ears however you like them!  The nose and the paw pads are pom-poms.  I hope you like them:


This one Buster's.  Of course he'll eat the treats and want to tear up the basket!!!



This one will be for my table:


It's so funny to me that every bunny basket I make seems to have his or her own personality!  Don't you think they're cute too?

Well, gotta go do more stuff...

I'll be seeing you!

25 comments:

Cindy McVey said...

Audrey, these are fabulous! I see you're a multi-medium crafter like I am! DH says there isn't a craft invented that I haven't tried, and he's almost right! LOL! Thanks for sharing these. They really are adorable!

shari said...

Audrey, These baskets are just too cute! I love them. Don't let Buster tear it apart!!! I hope you reach your goal of 200 followers. You deserve it, You can tell you put alot of time into your blogging. I'm 2 away from 100, I'll be happy with that for now. Shari (cricutrookie)

paperscissors said...

they look so cuddly and so cute, one would never suspect what evil lurks behind those pompoms!...burning fingers! ouch!

Brigit said...

Audrey I absolutely love these, how adorable!! I love your projects they are the best, awesome job!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey these are adorable! Just too cute. They look like they have different personalities. The blue one looks startled, where the yellow one wants hugs!!! So grab the yellow one and get your hug today!

Audrey Frelx said...

Thanks Cindy, Shari and Helen. Thanks much for your comments!!! Yes, I love all kind of crafts and will dabble in anything -- although they may often turn out to be disasters!!! LOL! But, I'll try!

And, I'm probably crazy for trying to reach a goal of 200 followers. It'll be hard for me to keep up, but some way, some how I will. Thank God, I love it!!! I don't know, it's just that everytime I see how Blessed I am with my following friends, I just want more of them! I am grateful to have as many as I do, but I just love to look up and see so many people there who take an interest in my crafts; and it gives me a chance to have other friends I can visit to get inspiration from. I feel "the more, the merrier", and I am merry!

Have a great day you guys!!! Hugs, and I'll be seeing you!

Audrey Frelx said...

Thanks, Brigit! Thanks, Sheila! You guys are all the greatest ever!

- - Sheryl - - said...

Yes - they are adorable!!! I remember loopy yarn! Nice job!

Today's is 70 here as well as yesterday - but short lived as tomorrow will be 50 and Monday and Tuesday rain... so much for the taste of spring.
Have a good day!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Audrey, is there anything you can't do? Those are just too cute, I can't believe you made them. Very very cute.

flowerdisco said...

You are a woman of many talents girl. The are saying to me: touch me-touch me,lol.

Audrey Frelx said...

Thanks, everyone!

Sandy: Actually,they go together pretty easy -- it's just working with the glue gun and the burned fingers. But you can complete one in under 30 minutes if you have all your materials together. So, they're really not much of a big deal to make -- they're just so darn cute!

Toni said...

OMG I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i'm sorry your weather is not so good , we had a great sunny 73 degree day .....

MsJay said...

These are too darn cute! I need to make a few of these. This is definitely a keeper. Will you be sharing?

Audrey Frelx said...

Toni and MsJay, thank you for your comments. Of course, I love to share and I don't mind at all. Right now I'm trying to figure out how bestto show you how to make them, and I think the best I'll be able to do is a short tutorial on the basics. I think once you have that you can figure out the rest. I'll try to get the pics together some time this week. I don't have enough loopy chenille left to do a complete tutorial and like I mentioned in my post its difficult for me to find now, so getting you off to a good start is about all I'll be able to do. Give me a few days to get some other things out of the way and I'll post a short tutorial.

Fern said...

Audrey, these are just precious!!!!! Again, you have totally amazed me with your talent!! These are too cute, and I'm sure Buster will love his treats, probably more so than the basket!! Thanks again for sharing!! Hope you stay warm this weekend... I know the weather is cold up north when it's in the 40's here in Central Texas!!! XXXX

Unknown said...

Audrey ~ these are soooo cute!! Loopy chenille looks so soft and cuddly ~ glad you found some!

You are well on your way to 200 followers! You can do it girl!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG Audrey! I would never have guessed that you actually MADE THESE! Certainly they should be up for sale at a hefty price! Too adorable for words! xxD

Scrappin Sista said...

very cute!! you are so talented!!!! very creative too!

Lee Ann said...

These are too cute Audrey!! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing your wonderful work with us!

I know what you mean about the crazy weather. On Friday here it was 72 and then Saturday it snowed all day and did not get too much above 30. Today the sun is out but it is still cold. I wish Spring would come and stay also!

Ladybug said...

OMG, Audrey, these are simply adorable. You are one verrrrrry creative gal. TFS! :-)

Fern said...

Hi Audrey, It's me again!!! I have a little something for you over on my blog!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!! XXXX

IslandV said...

Audrey these are great!! I LOVE THEM...I'd like one in Lavender please! :o)

Thanks for your recent comment on my blog! Thanks for checking in! I have just been busy at work and too tired to scrap in the evening...I am currently working on a LO swap for the Sista's scrap Too MB...so I have 18 to make!! Will post when I am done!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I left a little something on my blog for you!

http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com/2010/03/sweet-blogger-award.html

Brens Designs said...

Wow! What a cute idea! You certainly are talented. They look so festive and soft! Love them.

Susan said...

These babies are adorable! Thank you for posting the tutorial for them. I can't wait to try it.