WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Monday, March 22, 2010

MY ENTRY FOR THE "MAN THEMED CHALLENGE #29" AT JUST BUGGIN'

Good Monday afternoon!!!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend; I certainly did.  I spent some much needed time with Buster, time with the hubby, and the 3 of us spent a wonderful Friday evening over at my son's.  We ended the evening there watching what I thought was a horrible movie, "2014".  I don't like sad movies!!!  If you've seen it let me know what you think of it.

Anyway, I've just entered the "Just Buggin' " challenge.  My man-project for the challenge is a flask box and matching card.  It's pretty simple, but I thought it would be fun to enter anyway.  Hopefully, I've finally made it in time to even enter a challenge.  Those that I've considered before I was always too late for when I found them.

As for my flask box,I wanted to fill it with beer nuts but didn't have any, so I used pecans instead -- lol!  Hey, there still nuts, right?!!!.  Anyway, I got the idea for the flask from walking around my hubby's things to check out some of his "man" things;  when I went into the basement, I checked around his bar -- low and behold he had a personalized flask sitting right up there on the shelve!  I thought "perfect!".  Here's my project:


This is a picture of the flask box and card open:



I constructed the box by cutting the rectangles and ovals from the George cart and basically putting it together by hand.  The skull and cross bones is from the Indie Art cart, and the words are cut from Plantin.

I found "Just Buggin'" blogspot through my friend Sheryl's blog.  Sheryl is a great crafter and you should visit her when you have a chance at http://sherylscraftingcorner.blogspot.com/.    Anyway, I just happened to blog-hop on over to "Just Buggin'" and saw they had this challenge and decided to take up the challenge -- I hardly ever think of doing something for a man (unless it's the hubby) so I decided it might be kind of fun and took on the challenge of doing something for a guy!  If you'd haven't been to this site before it's at http://justbugginchallenges.blogspot.com/  You might want to check out some of their Wednesday challenges.

It was fun to do!!!  And, it'll make me aware of being a bit more considerate and thoughtful of the guys!!!  Plus, I now have a gift for a man when an occassion arises!

I'll be seeing you!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Very manly indeed!! Love the flask and the skulls!

- - Sheryl - - said...

Awesome!
Thanks for the pointer!
Have a great day

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh yes, definitely very manly...

Brens Designs said...

How cool! Great for a man!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow is this cute and creative, Audrey! You come up with the best stuff! Sheryl sure does find (and participates in) the challenges. She's the "go-to" gal if you want to find something new. Great job with this one. I LOVE that flask! xxD

thescrapmaster said...

I got your comments!! You did just lovely on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along!!

Hugs,
Samantha

Lynne said...

WOW!! What a terrific project!! Thanks for joining us this week at Cricutters Anonymous!!
Lynne CA DT

flowerdisco said...

I am behind here...I better start entering some contests/challenges....hehehe. maybe---maybe not lol.

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you all!!! This really was a fun project!

Audrey Frelx said...

Yes, Donna, Sheryl is a busy one and such a sweetheart!!! I love her energy!

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

very cool projects!!!! I love them. thanks for joining us at Just buggin!

Susan said...

Oh, this is one of the most fun projects I have seen. How clever of you!

Scrappin Sista said...

This is such a cute project!!