WELCOME!

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have you visit with me and I hope you enjoy your stay. I absolutely love company, sharing, and making new friends so I hope you find something here that inspires, motivates, or just pleases you in some way.

Of course, I love to visit and be inspired also. So if I don't already drop in on you, please let me know where I can find you and I'll hop on over to see what you're doing or to just say "hi".

Before you go, I would love it if you'd please leave me a comment letting me know you dropped in! Actually, I'd just love to hear from you -- comments, opinions, or questions you'd like me to answer.

In the meantime, relax and make yourselves at home... you're family here!!!

I'll be seeing you!


Thursday, March 4, 2010

AN INTERLOCKING BOX

Hello, my dear friends!  I hope you all had a great day!  I must say, I've enjoyed laughing at the comments I've gotten today with guesses for the surprise giveaway.   I just know no one will guess what it is (if you do, I'll be reallllllly shocked!).  Of course if no one guesses what it is, I'll be giving out the details soon -- so be on guard!!!

I was browsing through some old catalogs and stumbled across a box that caught my attention.  There was nothing extraordinary about the box, it was just a box and looked like a plain ole box -- but, what caught my attention was how it closed.  Now, you all may be a bit more "savvy" than I and possibly have seen this type box before but I hadn't -- it's called an interlocking box.  The way the box closes is that the 4 flaps (the 2 on the lid and the 2 on the bottom) are all tucked into the inside of the box and this causes the box to lock.  Now because I like things that operate a little differently, I thought this was pretty cool -- but, like I said, you guys have probably already seen this box before.  Anyway, in case you haven't, here's a picture showing the 4 flaps...

Now, you'd carefully tuck all the flaps inside the box while you're closing it, and it looks like a box, but it interlocks!

Here'll you see it just looks like a decorated box...



Let me know if you've seen this before or not, and what you think.  If you like it, I did a cut.file too.

Hey, did you notice my watermark?  I just figured out how to do it!!!  Cool, huh?

I'll be seeing you!


Interlocking Boxes.cut





10 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Cute box. Yes I have seen them, but never decorated so nicely! Thanks for sharing this unique box.

Audrey Frelx said...

Everybody has probably seen them -- have they been around for a while? So, where I have been? LOL! Thanks, Sheila!

blazeblast03 said...

Hey Audrey! I've never seen them before! Lovely job, as usual. What a great way to dress up a gift!

flowerdisco said...

You got to sign as a Tuesday Treats designer...this box(es) is beautiful...Lately, I am into purple.

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty!! I just wish I knew how to make it, or should I say, TRY to make it!! You are so very gifted and talented! Be thankful! Not all of us are!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Box, Purses, etc. post on Mar. 05, 2010. Thanks again.

Audrey Frelx said...

I'm really glad you all like the box! If you decide to download it, I'd really like to see what you can do with it -- I'm always curious as to what can be done with things that are new to me!

I'll be seeing you!

Fern said...

Hi Audrey, I've not seen this type of box before, either... And let me say that you have decorated it beautifully!! I wish I could use my Cricut the way you use yours. I'm really intimidated by it.
I just love coming over here to see what you've been up to!! You're just soooo talented!! XX

Carrie K said...

Great box! I have never seen one before. Thanks for the file!!

- - Sheryl - - said...

hi Audrey - I have never seen a box like that, pretty cool